Thread: 2K Sports Online

1. 2K Sports Online

Rather than split things up into separate threads, I thought it might be a good idea to pool all the 2K Sports games into one thread--much the way that the superb 2K Sports website does--since the pool of people playing sports games on this site is pretty tiny.

I know that several people play these titles on the 360--and you're more than welcome to use this thread--but are there any other 2K Sports fans sticking with the older consoles for the time being? I just picked up the PS2 version of NHL 2K7 earlier today (it's $13.99 at Circuit City this week), and will probably add College Hoops 2K7 to my collection when that ships next week.
    Last edited by jyoung; 04 Dec 2006 at 12:20 AM.

2. I have 2K7 Hockey for the 360 and loved it at first. After a while, however, the glitches made themselves known. I've had all kinds of issues with the game. The game is notorious for freezing up. I also get a crazy gameplay glitch that involves all the players standing off to the side during a faceoff and not having ANY control of my players till one of the CPU players touch the puck.
    Also, once you start playing online, you'll be subject to the cheese parade of easy goals even on the hardest of settings. Money goals have broken this game. Is the current gen 2K7 like this or is it a different game similar to the way EA has 21 games out this season?

3. I was excited about the prospect of playing NBA 2K7 on Xbox Live until I actually tried it. What a piece of shit (online).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Also, once you start playing online, you'll be subject to the cheese parade of easy goals even on the hardest of settings. Money goals have broken this game. Is the current gen 2K7 like this or is it a different game similar to the way EA has 21 games out this season?
    I haven't played much online (just a couple of games with a random player a few nights ago), but the offline play--at least in franchise mode, which is what I'm primarily playing--seems to be pretty solid and glitch-free. Perhaps this is just because I haven't played the game enough to learn how to abuse certain tactics, but right now, it feels like the majority of goals that I have been scoring are wholly justified by the “rules” of hockey.

Most of my games so far have been really intense though, and I can't wait to get some head-to-head multiplayer competition going this weekend now that we've got a two-day calm before the last storm of finals week.
    Last edited by jyoung; 08 Dec 2006 at 10:58 PM.

5. Get a 360 you noob.