Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas in Anime

1. Christmas in Anime

I need some wintery anime goodness to get in the mood, here. Also, to plot a meeting for my college's anime club. Here's the good stuff that I know so far:

The ultimate in ultimate Christmas event from anime. Satoshi Kon's version of a modern, Christmas miracle is one of my favorite things to watch during the season. Plus, the crossdresser's funny.

I hate Love Hina, but it has a Christmas Special.

Now, I don't want to have to show Love Hina. Does anyone else have any favorite Christmas episodes or specials from crazy Japan that they enjoy?

You can bet I'll be showing A Very Venture Christmas and Sonic Christmas Blast, though.
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 04 Dec 2006 at 11:39 AM.

I believe there is a christmas episode of Macross. I think the zentradi dress up as huge santas and blow up a city. Maybe.

4. zomg tendo christmas.

5. There's a Xmas episode of Tenchi Muyo, I believe. Of course, that's not much improvement over Love Hina.

One of the Irresponsible Captain Tylor OAVs is an Xmas one. Maybe an episode of the TV series, as well. I can't recall.

There's probably no less than 5 Xmas episodes of Ranma 1/2 across its 30 seasons or whatever. Same for Urusei Yatsura.

You're Under Arrest has a good one, with Strikeman dressing up as Santaman. (Strikeman = pimp)

6. An anime ova made in 1991 called 'Christmas in January' would be perfect although only available in Japan on VHS.

http://www.freewebs.com/area88/romance1.htm

7. I always considered the second Tenchi movie as somewhat of a Christmas film. Kind of.

8. Love Hina is awesome.

9. What your anime club REALLY needs to see is The He-Man She-Ra: A Christmas Special (for the first time on DVD 1!1!!!)

What's not to love?