Thread: Spawn/Batman One-Shot

Spawn/Batman One-Shot

I haven't stepped into a comic shop in quite some time, but I am fascinated by two of this month's releases. The first is this thread's namesake, Spawn/Batman One-Shot, written by Tood McFarlane. The second is Batman: Confidential, which apparently will examine what the Dark Knight Detective would be like without all his gadgets. Is anyone else picking these up?

2. I'll pick up the spawn cross over just for the hell of it.

3. Fuck Spawn, and Fuck Todd McFarlane WRITING a book. Even though the first crossover wasn't what everyone was expecting from Frank Miller, the Toddler can not write and I wish he'd stick to (omg) drawing. But since anyone can spit out a script in a day, we get Greg Crapullo.

4. Frank Miller is a better artist than Todd McFarlane. I liked Todd's style when he drew Spiderman, but it's just gotten so sloppy over the years. Frank has always been tight. Didn't they both work on the original Batman/Spawn? I'm pretty sure Frank drew Batman, Todd drew Spawn. And yes, Todd sucks at writing. Nothing interests me with him anymore, besides his toys.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The second is Batman: Confidential, which apparently will examine what the Dark Knight Detective would be like without all his gadgets.
    Hed summon his chi to bat-doken the fuk out of crime, thats what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

6. That sounds pretty cool.

7. On the first one Miller wrote and McFarlane drew. At the time Todd made a joke about breaking his hand so that Frank could write and draw the whole thing. Too bad it was only a joke. I like Millers Sin City art, but never really got into his other stuff. Too blocky for my tastes (pretty much why I've never been a Kirby fan).
    As far as Confidential I see that Wilce Portacio is doing the art. He's pretty hit and miss with me. I adored his early X-Factor/X men stuff, but his later Wetworks and Stone stuff just wasn't all that great. Way too much open space left on the page (literally some pages would be a third to a half open white space with a panel or two thrown in). Also he's never been all that timely with his work, so between this and the Wetworks relaunch I'd bet money that it won't see a regular shipping schedule.