Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 most rediculous metal album covers

I don't know why Gamma Ray tries so hard to copy that one Iron Maiden album for cover art.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 07 Dec 2006 at 02:55 AM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    I don't know why Gamma Ray tries so hard to copy that one Iron Maiden album for cover art.
    You mean Powerslave? It does look somewhat similiar. Although I think Powerslave is a cool cover.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    The worst I own is Gamma Ray: Blast from the Past, but it's the back cover art that really seals that one. Excelsis: Kurt of Koppigen is pretty lame too (the art).
    look out he-man!

4. I'd nominate Uncle Slam - When God Dies. bought it at the 99¢ store

also check out

Will Work for food & Say Uncle

5. Scorpions: Virgin Killer

Is it on that list? I can't access that site at work. I'm not putting up a pic of that album though because the FBI would put me on a list.

6. shame about iron maiden's dance of death album cover - b/c imo its a really good album, just unfortunate cover art. At least the new album has good cover art though. I would nominate therion's theli for some pretty awful cover art - but on the flip side, therion's double album Lemuria/Sirius B has some of the finest album art ever created - PERIOD.

Here's Theli however, a fucking fine album, one of the all time great metal records, with a terrible cover:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black-1120212779_i_9232.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	21951  
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

7. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk View Post
    OMG Whiplash!

That was Tony Bono's old band. He was the bassist for my favorite band after Whiplash broke up. Then he died a few years ago.

But yeah, terrible cover art. Posehn's comment about Yngwie's album made me spit my drink out.