Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Josh banned again

1. Josh wasn't banned for any one post. Remember, I even said to look at the last several posts when someone was banned. A lot of people call a lot of other people a lot of things, but if that becomes 50% of your schtick, you might get banned for a few days.

And anyone that says this forum is overly politically correct is most likely joking, because any evidence is demonstrating an exception and not the rule.

By the way, Haohmaru did want the editorial side of TNL to distance itself from one particular writer because he was too controversial on the boards, but I know that was mostly in the name of professionalism. TNL under my watch has always been about letting people have balls.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    When was this?
    A few years ago, I recall. This was after you were involved with the site editorially.

---

Basically, to me, it comes down to this: If you're gonna come into a thread to post something abrasive, it better have a point at the same time. Whether it's on topic, or funny, or what have you. But popping into a thread to call someone a retard or post a pic of an asshole isn't bringing anything to the thread. Put some more thought into your insults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

3. I don't think you do. At least, it wasn't me. Do a search for "haohmaru moderator" and you'll come up with next to nothing, save for one post in 2004 where I said diffx shouldn't be banned (believe it) and that the forums needed a little cleaning up. One post and that hardly qualifies as "bitching up a storm". Maybe you're thinking of PBMax.

4. I remember you in a whole feud with AFX/ninjas. Maybe you just didn't like them but I was thinking you wanted to see them moderated more. (Which isn't to say you wouldn't have had a point.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

5. That fued was about him & Kano not doing any review work for TNL and not giving a shit, it wasn't about modding at all - it was a "staff" thing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Josh wasn't banned for any one post. Remember, I even said to look at the last several posts when someone was banned. A lot of people call a lot of other people a lot of things, but if that becomes 50% of your schtick, you might get banned for a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by burgundy View Post
    Basically, to me, it comes down to this: If you're gonna come into a thread to post something abrasive, it better have a point at the same time. Whether it's on topic, or funny, or what have you. But popping into a thread to call someone a retard or post a pic of an asshole isn't bringing anything to the thread. Put some more thought into your insults.
    Points taken gentlemen.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    I don't think you do. At least, it wasn't me. Do a search for "haohmaru moderator" and you'll come up with next to nothing, save for one post in 2004 where I said diffx shouldn't be banned (believe it) and that the forums needed a little cleaning up. One post and that hardly qualifies as "bitching up a storm". Maybe you're thinking of PBMax.
    Just to clear this up, they're talking about when I was bitching about DiffX being a worthless troll and you backed me up a bunch of times. This was around when you went to Got-Next.

After a while I decided it was a silly, losing battle and gave up.

This recent trend of Joust and others pissing on every Wii thread did get me bitching again, but the difference is that threads were being completely derailed with moronic nonsense. It was becoming tough to even have a conversation about the Wii.

I'm all for a moderate amount of trolling, especially when it's actually funny, but there has to be a limit. I certainly would never want trolling to go away entirely as it keeps the site fresh and people on their toes.

It's just a shame that none of TNL's trolls do it half as well as SuperGHOULSNGHOSTS -- damn he was good!
    Last edited by PKBMax; 06 Dec 2006 at 09:41 PM.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

8. I am surprised he lasted a few weeks, he's slipping.

9. I'm closing this thread to make sure no good discussion can come from it, which seems to be where it's heading.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Also cocks.