Intelligence on CBC.

I don't know if anyone is watching this amazing (really!) show but I'm here to spread the word.

It's half-24, half-Sopranos, where the Canadian domestic intelligence agency is investigating a Vancouver, BC, gang. This show is remarkably interesting as the show doesn't seem to take a stance on who are the good guys and who are the bad guys (character motivations are unique and totally believable).

I haven't seen a more convincing gang-boss since early Tony Soprano and the cops are more concerned with bureaucratic infighting than they are working together to get the drugs off the street.

I can't say enough about the dialogue: most shows with the intel/ops setting get a little silly (see: David Mamet's "The Unit") where the writers try too hard with jargon (24's "I need you to open a socket on the breaker grid plus alpha blahblahblah"). But this is doing a great job of keeping the intrigue high w/o inducing groans.

It's on CBC, so most of you too far south of the border probably can't get it but if you can, it's worth an hour.