Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 delayed 'till Winter 2007?

1. Shit, i'd be fine if nothing came out for any system until Winter 2007. I've got PS1 games i'm sick of looking at because i never played them. This will hopefully be the gen i get rid of this baggage. If i ever finish the stuff, it's going in the trash.
    Donk

2. Don't worry guys, the Wii Weather Channel will tide you over until then!

3. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Every time I say something about delays, and how incredibly irrelevant they are, people rag on me for, as near as I can tell, their impatience over not getting a shiny new toy now, nownownow! All I know is I'll be using the slow summer months to finish up stuff like Bully and FFXII this year. If I don't have Metroid or Mario Galaxy in there, I'm hardly short on other things to do.

James
    Delays are not irrelevant for significant titles in the early stages of a console race where all contestants are trying to establish a user base. You are looking at this from the one of the most insignificant perspectives.

4. Metroid's the only thing on Wii I'm really interested in at this point (although there are some gems on the virtual console). I thought it was mostly done already?
    -Kyo

5. I always figured Galaxy would be the big holiday game for 2007, but there's no way Metroid will be delayed that long. It's already finished essentially; it and Smash Brothers will be out by the summer. It's still going to be a lean 6 months, but I'm fine with catching up on all the xbox stuff I've missed during that time.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I think I'll use the slow summer months to learn to surf.

You have fun with FFXII.
    I live in Maine. We have waves that are about as tall as your average grapefruit and an ocean that feels about 33 degrees F in mid-summer. Fun as surfing is, it's not happening here. Hiking, mountain biking, and some fantastic swimming holes, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Delays are not irrelevant for significant titles in the early stages of a console race where all contestants are trying to establish a user base. You are looking at this from the one of the most insignificant perspectives.
    It's Nintendo's race to win or lose, not mine. This isn't my problem. And if I was outraged (Outraged!!!!) what good would it do? Would the games come out quicker because of my disapproval?

James
    Last edited by James; 21 Dec 2006 at 12:05 AM.

They're doing this so they have something at christmas next year, no other reason.

They looked at the release list and said "Hey guys, if we do that...what will we sell at christmas next year?!" And they thought of this because it's christmas now and zelda is selling. That's why. Balls.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. Game delay = extra time to mold your body into fit shape, go outside and have fun, meet a pretty girl and get married.

Nintendo takes care of you because they love you.

9. I'm tempted to think Retro is adding online multiplayer to Metroid Prime 3. Reggie kind of smirked when he was asked about it on the Spike TV Wii show. Anyone who has played Metroid Prime Hunters knows it can work well, but it can't just simply be a bunch of Samus's running around.

The Wii lineup is definitely thin next year but there are some interesting titles. Here are the "highlights" from Gamestop's list:

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves 1/15
    Wii Play 2/12
    Sonic Secret Rings 2/27 -- Could be good stuff, but I honestly doubt it.
    Mario Party 8 3/5 -- Not great, but fun in multiplayer.
    Cooking Mama 3/27
    Disaster: Day of Crisis 3/30
    Sengoku Action 3/30 -- Could be terrible.
    Super Mario Galaxy 4/1 -- Obviously not going to make that date.
    Fire Emblem 6/1 -- Awesome.
    Project H.A.M.M.E.R. 6/1 -- Who knows.
    Sadness 6/1 -- Again, who knows.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl 6/1
    Metroid Prime 3 6/1
    Wii Music 10/1 -- Might be interesting.
    Necro-Nesia 10/1 -- Videos of the Japanese version make the game look painfully bad.
    Wii Sports Airplane 10/1 -- Pilotwings?
    Resident Evil Wii 12/1
    Pilotwings 12/31 -- WTF? Not sure this really exists.
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 12/31

There are also some Japanese releases that look interesting and could be released here to quench a dry spell. For example, I'd really like to play Kororinpa.

Considering how fast UbiSoft likes to pump out the sequels I also wouldn't be suprised if Red Steel 2 is out by next Christmas

Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiMoogle View Post
    What ever happend to that Paper Mario Action game for the Cube? Wasnt that suppose to be out for Xmas?
    Super Paper Mario was officially moved over to the Wii. If it and Prime 3 are released during the winter/early spring I'd definitely be tided over.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Shit, i'd be fine if nothing came out for any system until Winter 2007. I've got PS1 games i'm sick of looking at because i never played them. This will hopefully be the gen i get rid of this baggage. If i ever finish the stuff, it's going in the trash.
    Surely all those Hello Kitty titles would be worth at least a few coins on ebay?
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 21 Dec 2006 at 12:53 AM.