Page 3 of 144 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Left 4 Dead Thread (Parts 1 & 2)

1. which has a 40 foot tongue (that can be used as a noose from above, if timed right)
    SOLD!

2. So it's an Resident Evil: Outbreak that doesn't suck shit? Day one.

3. Oh yea, I've been keeping tabs on this for months. I'ma be all over this come release.

4. I'm more excited over this than I am Team Fortress 2. Hopefully they don't push it back(I'm not gonna hold my breath, though)

5. New preview on 1up. I hope they get this to work the way they want to.

6. Day 1

7. I really like the sound of this.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1.php

OMG?
    This is really the reason why Left 4 Dead is such an exhausting experience - you're in a constant state of paranoia about what might happen. Mike Booth explained to us that the Director is entirely procedural. Not a single trigger or flag or spawn is placed by the mapmakers - the Director is smart enough to figure it all out. The Director takes into account the "stress level" of every individual survivor. It doesn't want anyone to experience a boring game, nor does it want someone to get a heart attack by having a constant stream of zombies, which would really make you numb to the excitement. Instead, there are peaks and valleys. There are times of incredible chaos and others where you won't see a single zombie for some time. Just like any decent horror movie, the moments of silence and uncertainty lead up to the most thrilling and satisfying moments.

To give you an example, in the first three playthroughs of just the starting apartment building, we had three entirely different experiences. The first time, there were a few zombies spread out pretty thinly throughout the whole apartment, which was fine - it made you be active in each new room you entered. The second time there was barely more than a couple in the entire building, but the Director made up for it in the alley afterwards.. the third time it sort of built up and climaxed in the very middle of the apartment where it was a really awkward place to fight. The Director is a wonderful thing - it keeps you guessing, it makes every experience unique, and most importantly by changing it up it keeps you fully immersed and doesn't let you fall into the same boring pattern of play.
    Last edited by epmode; 10 Apr 2007 at 11:09 AM.

9. X360 release pls. My rig isn't built to play games.

10. I remember sitting on the can once imagining my perfect game, and this is a very close description to what I came up with.