Page 15 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 4

1. I completely agree with Dole on this. The current crop of Action stars just sucks. The only start who could be considered a mans man is Christian Bale. Brad Pitt would, but we all know his tough guy is an act. Paul Walker is a prick and can't act out of a paper bag. Nicholas Cage? Please. So lets get on the phone and call Sly, Arnie, or Ford for one last gasp at Action Greatness.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I really like Jason Stathem and Vin Diesel (limited to Pitch Black), but Ford had an awesome charisma that's been missing. He was tough, but usually bluffing and never all that suprised when his plans failed (which was often). I liked that a lot about him, combined with the way he would end up scrambling for his life gave him a very human feel that's often missing from other action actors.

3. I forgot about Stathem.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

4. Well if that pic is recent Ford looks pretty damn good imo.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. I agree with Dolemite with regards to today's action stars.

Really of the few I've seen (in addition to Mechdeus's list of Vin Diesel and Jason Statham) it's mostly the comic driven movies with guys like Hugh Jackman, Wesley Snipes, Ron Pearlman and Christian Bale come close since they carry a good sense of physicality and charisma. As for Harrison Ford, yeah I loved the guy in almost all of his movies but I still think he looks rather old in that pic but maybe enough to get the movie done.

The cast doesn't look too bad but I just hope the movie caps off the Indiana Jones movies with a good showing than a failed attempt.

6. I'm really happy with the way he looks in that picture. He's old, its obviously going to be written in to the movie, but he still looks bad ass. Indiana never looked overtly tough that much anyway. He was really just a professor after all.

That Indy looks like he's old and cunning. Like he doesn't want anybody to know he could probably beat the shit out of them if he wanted. But we do know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Vin Diesel had loads of potential but just fell flat. All his recent movies suck, although my mom totally loves The Pacifier.

Jason Statham is good, although his movies kinda blow aside from the fight scenes. I still haven't seen Crank, however.

The Rock is a complete joke. He can't act, his tough guy act always feels completely fake, and he picks the shittiest scripts ever written in history. I mean Doom, wtf?

Hugh Jackman seems 100% gay when he's not playing Wolverine.

Another problem that today's action stars have, aside from not being real men, is that none of them want to get "typecast" as action stars. They try to branch out into "sensitive" roles. Guys in the 80's didn't give a shit. Sure, they did the occasional family film, but then it was right back to killing.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 25 Jun 2007 at 10:11 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Crank was... wacky, but entertaining.

9. The best thing they could have done was write his age into the story. I was expecting Lucas to have a CG orgasm with making Ford look 20 years younger, and I'm glad to see that's not the case.

Like elfneedsfood said, if this movie sucks it won't be because of Ford. He's still got some action left in him.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Like elfneedsfood said, if this movie sucks it won't be because of Ford. He's still got some action left in him.
    How do you figure that? Ford used to be awesome but he's been sleepwalking through his roles for years.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww