Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 4

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    havent we known for a while that a 4th was being made?
    Indeed. There are news articles going back to 2003 at least where Lucas says "We are finalizing the script/we found a script we liked and we plan on shooting next summer, Harrison is still in great shape (he is? He looks almost older than Sean Connery) it has some interesting character moments/mysteries, blah, blah blah." I won't believe it until they finally are really filming it. And it may have filmed in 2005 if it weren't for Lucas shooting down a reportedly great script by Frank Darabont. Found this after some googling:

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=interviews&id=8027

Is it more frustrating when someone takes a script of yours and makes something you don’t like orwhen someone takes a script of yours and then never makes it? I’m thinking of the whole Indiana Jones thing.

Darabont: That was the most frustrating of all, and that was the straw that broke the back of me wanting to continue in that line of work. That was terrifically frustrating. I worked for over a year on that; I worked very close with Steven Spielberg. He was ecstatic with the result and was ready to shoot it two years ago. He was very, very happy with the script and said it was the best draft of anything since Raiders of the Lost Ark. That’s really high praise and gave me a real sense of accomplishment, especially when you love the material you’re working on as much as I love the Indiana Jones films.

And then you have George Lucas read it and say, ‘Yeah, I don’t think so, I don’t like it.’ And then he resets it to zero when Spielberg is ready to shoot it that coming year, [which] is a real kick to the nuts. You can only waste so much time and so many years of your life on experiences like that, you can only get so emotionally invested and have the rug pulled out from under you before you say enough of that.

Coming from an insider’s perspective on that whole thing, do you think that movie’s ever going to happen?

Darabont: I don’t think so. I don’t think so. But that’s just my opinion, I could be wrong. I just think it’s fantastically bizarre that for a project that people have been trying to crack for ten years and have a writer come in and finally crack it and have a director who happens to be Steven Spielberg, one of the greatest directors of all time, and then say, ‘No, I don’t think so…’ It’s just bizarre to me. I can’t get into George’s head.
    Don't get me wrong, definitely will be excited when they finally start filming and hope the 2008 date is for real.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 01 Jan 2007 at 03:45 PM.

2. Yeah, don't think another Goonies is a good idea.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Yeah, don't think another Goonies is a good idea.
    Confirmed, goonies is one of the 10 best movies of all time.

I would still watch part 2

4. Sounds interesting. I should get around to watching Indiana Jones period.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Biff_Pocoroba View Post
    Confirmed, goonies is one of the 10 best movies of all time.

I would still watch part 2
    i agree. last i heard they were thinking of having the original goonies captured, and a younger group of "new goonies" rescuing them.

i <3 the commentary and behind the scenes on the dvd. its amazing to see how most of them turned out.

6. That Goonies II link is hardly valid anymore, it's like six years old and there hasn't been any recent news on him pursuing that project.

7. Oh, yeah, you're right. There was more recent talk of a revival in like 2005, though. I'm not sure if it's still happening. Looks like Mrs Doubtfire 2 got the axe 3 weeks ago, also. Yay to that. I'm sick of all the sequels. I'm glad the new Revenge of the Nerds got axed, too

8. The Bruce Almighty 2 looks funny though.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Lies

10. Its funny cause he has to build an ark. And they are keeping with contiunity using Steve Carell as the news reporter that took Bruce's job, now he's a congressman.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.