Page 15 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Purpose Wrestling Thread

1. theyre saying a possible 3 way with rko and cena.

2. Undertaker in the main event of anything is not a good thing, let alone Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Jan 2007 at 05:48 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    Any thoughts on the rumble??
    Quote Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
    nothing special happening at all.

4. I got the newest Observer today, and the 1 1/2 Bigelow tribute is fantastic. There will be a big story on him in next week's issue, but this week's did a great job of running down the major events in his life and career. The saddest parts were reading the parallels between he and Mike Tyson and seeing that he was so destitute at the end that he was living off of a disability check and using a public defender for his legal troubles. I also learned a lot of new information about Bigelow (like his Tokyo Dome matches being big draws, including one match that drew a 25.3 rating), and reading that Sags was scared for Bigelow and was tired of going to funerals because he'd lost 40 of his friends already. 40.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. apparently the rko vs cena idea is out for wrestlemania. the new idea is "supposed" to be revealed tonight and is supposed to be "unexpected". my buddy mentioned last night that he remembered at one time that the winner of the Rumble could pick which brands title to perform for. having the Undertaker fight Cena would be pretty unexpected.

6. So I'm guessing four way with Cena,Micheals,Edge and Orton. I don't see Cena leaving WM as the champ and I don't see Edge being the champ again. Either Micheals or Orton. I want Micheals, but I see Orton

Batista vs. Undertaker vs. Kennedy. I just can't see them putting over batista when he can't work anymore. He ruined the Royal Rumble match. Either UT or Kennedy wins.

They destroyed Test, RVD is leaving and every other upper tier ECW wrestler is in the doghouse. Hmm guessing Lashley vs. Test vs. CM Punk with Punk going over. Despite what Meltzer say I don't think Punk is in the doghouse as much as were told. The guy has had his best matches since pissing off people backstage and won them all despite Holly.

7. I called UT's win, mainly because Jonas said while around me and I stole it from him. But also even more mainly because I'm awesome.

Anyway, the rumble was alright. UT winning was kind of okay with me since he's not going to miss a Mania anyway and it means more room for the undercard. The actual rumble match itself is always entertaining which is why I don't mind springing for it every year.

Batista - Kennedy was kind of funny in that you could hear the crowd turning on Batista and realizing how great Ken Kennedy is midway through the match.

Cena - Umaga was good. The crowd actually seemed to be cheering Cena at the end of the match. Probably the best match of Cena's year, anyway.

Overall not a bad PPV.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Jan 2007 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. I thought the Rumble was great. The only stinker was the ECW match. Way too many brands... it's annoying. Those 2 should be fighting over like the IC, or US title... not a world title.

Anyways, Kennedy proved how great he is... future champ right there and the last part of the Rumble (HBK-Taker) was awesome.

I'm hoping to see HBK-Taker-Cena at Mania and a Kennedy-Batista match where Kennedy wins the WHC.

Considering how shitty Batista was, I'd say they might have changed their plans from Batista-Taker to the above. (Considering RAW)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne View Post
    theyre saying a possible 3 way with rko and cena.
    I hear Vince is gonna Main Event Mania and become the Champ
    again.

10. WSX got a 1.0 rating last night - giving them a higher rating in one might than TNA has had for about 95% of its Impact broadcasts. WSXTra also debuted on MTV's site and featured an 8 minute match without interruption that logically lead to another match - another thing that has rarely happened on Impact.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan