Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Purpose Wrestling Thread

1. 119 beers in 6 hours. Inconceivable!

I wish I could've watched Andre in his prime when he was throwing dudes around like rag dolls.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Melf, TNA's PPVs usually kill WWEs, but the shows... no. Impact is hilariously bad though, as it has five minutes of wrestling each week, along with 30 minutes of skits and then the greatness that is the PCS... which is then placed on Youtube, leaving little reason to watch TNA.
    Considering that it's a one hour show, Impact seems to generally have more matches for its allotted time than Raw does, and none of its skits are as horrible.

I agree about ECW though. I watched the first few weeks and gave up because it was pure shit. I tried watching again last week and couldn't get through a half hour. I can't bring myself to even remotely care about anyone on the roster except CM Punk, and the show just sucks.

I think Smackdown! is the best of the brands right now, since it has fewer skits and more wrestling, but the WWE is in a rut right now, and that's why I prefer TNA (which I agree could be better).

3. After a horrid show last week, I loved tonight's Impact. The first half anyway. Angle vs. MAVERICK Matt provided more wrestling than the entire show last week, and Raven's beak made me laugh. Team 3D showed more passion on a tank than at any other time in TNA, although when it first rode up with a pudgy, goateed white guy in it, I thought VKM was involved. Team 3D declared war on LAX, then they sang. This was great. The six-man tag was also very good considering how little time it was given (or chopped into by TNA's editing crew), and I like that AJ is now the chickenshittiest heel in the world. Mitchell's promo was fantastic, and he almost had me believing that Abyss could've lead one of wrestling's all-time great dynasties, but like Bullet Bob's proclamation of the 4 Live Kru becoming an iconic group in pro wrestling, it's a little too far-fetched to be believed. Other than that, it was a fine promo.

I was a little irked by the Borsah/EY segment, not for the birth control pills, but because Borash was waiting for Team 3D to enter the Impact Zone after they'd already come in, shown up on TV, and did... something to Konnan. The Tomko-Chris Abyss main event was an okay big man match, nothing was really done badly in it, and I was happy to see them protect Tomko so he can be taken seriously as Cage's bodyguard. The first half of the show was much more cohesive than the second, but it was a completely enjoyable show, even if a good deal of that was for all the wrong reasons. Reasons like Mike Tenay shifting through about 20 facial expressions in 10 seconds right before Don West said a single word to him, or the aformentioned Borash/3D thing. Don West blurting out "THAT'S SO RAVEN!" was awesome. Don West is a good, good man.

As far as which show is the best - it's SmackDown by far. Things are kept believable...outside of anything involving the Boogeyman, and it emphasizes wrestling more than any other weekly wrestling product on TV now. Impact has been far too inconsistent with its wrestling since going to Spike; on FSN, it could be counted on for at least one either good or long match each week. Now, more time goes to non-wrestling segments, which very few members of the roster are good at.

Here are some more el cheapo WWE Wal-Mart DVD deals:
    The Stone Cold Truth
    Taboo Tuesday '05 (HHH vs. Flair in a cage, World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Coach)
    Backlash '06 (Vince and Shane vs. HBK and GOD!)
    Last edited by Jeremy; 11 Jan 2007 at 11:12 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. TNA Chants Causes WWE To Pull All Future Press Conferences
    01/11/2007 by Ryan Clark
    As reported earlier, [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]World [COLOR=blue! important]Wrestling [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]Entertainment[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] has chosen to discontinue the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]pay-per-view[/COLOR][/COLOR] press conferences effective immediately. One source said that the reason for this was that too many people would come to the events to chant "TNA", not to mention "VKM", during the conferences. This problem was especially evident at the New Year's Revolution press conference last week as there were several loud, audible "TNA" chants during the event. To make matters worse, Jonathan Coachman acknowledged the chants by saying, "that like Kansas City, TNA is inferior." All of this was audible on the live webcast on WWE.com, but it was edited out of the subsequent post of the video.

Anyways, the chants at the New Year's Revolution press conference irritated Vince McMahon so much that he decided to cancel all future pay-per-view press conferences effective immediately.

Also, WWE has really been clamping down on fans' signs in recent weeks. For instance, at the 12/26 house show in Hershey, PA, they were confiscating several signs at the door. The current policy calls for anything lewd, anything TNA related, anti-babyface signs, not to mention anything plugging a website, to be confiscated by sercurity. Furthermore, the term "VKM" has been added to the banned list of signs that fans aren't allowed to bring to WWE events. There have been several reports in recent weeks of security confiscating signs that show the initials of everyone's favorite WWE Chairman, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

5. [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]HEY DYNE![COLOR=blue! important]WHAT'S UP WITH[/color][COLOR=blue! important]THE LINKS IN[/color][/color][/color]THE ARTICLES[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]YOU POST?[/color][/color]

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. direct copy and paste. get over it.

7. Lazy bitch. Presentation is everything.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Wrong. When I post direct quotes from SHH! or Wrestleview, I usually go over it and clean up anything that can't transfer properly.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Dyne, that post is just WRONG!!!

I'm using TNL classic gamma, and that puts that hose beast's head over Val's body. ARGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.