Page 217 of 228 FirstFirst ... 203213215216217218219221 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2277

Thread: All-Purpose Wrestling Thread

1. Wait, so Goldberg's back?!?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. He's promoting 2k17 the game, and its the developers who got him back for this one match. or feud. or whatever it'll be.

3. He and Brock Lesnar are having a match at Survivor Series in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. WTF @ Goldberg effortlessly squashing Lesnar in under 2 minutes at Survivor Series. I knew there was no way Goldberg would ever come back to the WWE to lose, but he flat-out destroyed Brock like he was nameless jobber. I'm not sure what the thinking was behind that.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 20 Nov 2016 at 11:31 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. People still watch WWE? The product is horrible now.

6. Someone put the match on YouTube. I wasn't paying for it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    People still watch WWE? The product is horrible now.
    Nah. WWE puts on by order of magnitude far better shows now. The wrestlers are WAY more athletic and generally there's 2 or 3 authentic moments of amazement at what these ppl are doing. True feats of strength and agility. The stories tend to build a bit more but aren't as degenerate (some ppl love that shit tho). The women are actually bad ass and cruiserweights and tag teams actually have stories and entire built-out divisions. It also generally doesn't take as seriously.

I reject the notion Austins 10 minute matches of punching and kicking were better. And the authority figure storylines lost steam quickly after Austin beat Rock the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    WTF @ Goldberg effortlessly squashing Lesnar in under 2 minutes at Survivor Series. I knew there was no way Goldberg would ever come back to the WWE to lose, but he flat-out destroyed Brock like he was nameless jobber. I'm not sure what the thinking was behind that.
    Rematch == more money. Goldberg is still in great shape and they built Brock up so undefeatable that if Goldberg didn't bring him down there's no one who could that wouldn't be anti climactic. Do we really think Kevin Owens could?

Expect a rematch at Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 21 Nov 2016 at 02:02 PM.

8. Pro Wrestling died when the WWF changed to World Wide Entertainment. It was more entertaining when it was sold as a real wrestling match, even though we knew deep down inside that it wasn't real. The drama was there, the hatred between the opponents was there and the vast variety of opponents was there.

Just look at this clip when Hulk Hogan beat The Iron Sheik for the WWF title. You could feel the energy in the crowd.

Sheik could have fucked his ass and made him humble.

10. No way brother!