Page 227 of 228 FirstFirst ... 213223225226227228 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2277

Thread: All-Purpose Wrestling Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Maybe he's banking on some miraculous nanotech or stem cell treatments, which always seem to be just over the horizon.

2. R-Truth is comedy gold. It's like watching a Jamie Foxx act in the ring. Brock couldn't even keep from laughing.

Last edited by gamevet; 10 Feb 2020 at 01:05 AM.

3. I watched a clip on YouTube of the Goldberg/Fiend match from the Saudi Arabia pay-per-view. I'm a big fan of Goldberg from his WCW days but this guy has got to pack it in. The only regular move does anymore is the spear and nothing else, and his jackhammer barely qualifies as a half-assed (semi)vertical suplex now. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Mar 2020 at 12:42 AM.

4. Pretty much ruined any hype for the hottest act they’ve had in awhile w The Fiend. People tune in to see the old acts but the new gen are generally better

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I watched a clip on YouTube of the Goldberg/Fiend match from the Saudi Arabia pay-per-view. I'm a big fan of Goldberg from his WCW days with this guy has got to pack it in. The only regular move does anymore is the spear and nothing else, and his jackhammer barely qualifies as a half-assed (semi)vertical suplex now. Pathetic.
    Yeah, me too (fan from WCW days).

Didn't he almost hurt someone recently trying to pull off a jackhammer?

His match with Reigns will last 90 seconds again and someone will win with a spear and hopefully he packs it in after that. WWE is in a horrid state now relying on guys like Corbin to be as relevant as they are.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Yeah, me too (fan from WCW days).

Didn't he almost hurt someone recently trying to pull off a jackhammer?
    Goldberg and Undertaker has a PPV in Saudi Arabia recently where they both almost killed each other with numerous botched moves. Excuse the quality of the vid...

Compare that to Goldberg's glory days...

I still consider that jackhammer the single most impressive physical feat I've ever seen in a wrestling ring. It's almost surreal.

His match with Reigns will last 90 seconds again and someone will win with a spear and hopefully he packs it in after that. WWE is in a horrid state now relying on guys like Corbin to be as relevant as they are.
    I don't even watch WWE anymore (I just can't stomach it, and haven't for years), although I've recently been considering giving AEW a try.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I have never liked WWE. I watched WWF, ECW and WCW up until the late 90's, but lost interest when I went to college.
    Bingo hall amateurs are where it's at.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Goldberg and Undertaker has a PPV in Saudi Arabia recently where they both almost killed each other with numerous botched moves. Excuse the quality of the vid...

Compare that to Goldberg's glory days...

I still consider that jackhammer the single most impressive physical feat I've ever seen in a wrestling ring. It's almost surreal.

I don't even watch WWE anymore (I just can't stomach it, and haven't for years), although I've recently been considering giving AEW a try.
    I'm not even trying to justify it in any way, but Goldberg got a concussion early in the Taker match. Did the spear in the corner spot, and bashed his head on the post. I remember he did the same thing back in WCW. Taker's disappointment in the whole thing was evident after the match.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wwe-goldberg-undertaker-super-showdown-blood-concussion-knocked-out-saudi-arabia-1654092.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	401.2 KB 
ID:	81717  
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    I'm not even trying to justify it in any way, but Goldberg got a concussion early in the Taker match. Did the spear in the corner spot, and bashed his head on the post.
    Yeah, I heard/saw that happen. But let's fast-forward to Goldberg's match against The Fiend just a few weeks ago. Perhaps wrestling on the soil of Saudi Arabia magically saps Bill's strength?

I remember he did the same thing back in WCW.
    Yup! His classic Halloween Havoc match against DDP, considered by many to be Goldberg's best match ever.

AND his greatest entrance ever! All the definitive 'Goldberg' elements are there: the pounding on the locker room door, the long walk to the ring surrounded by security, the crowd chanting, the massive pyro, breathing smoke, guttural roars to the heavens, wild random shadow punches, Michael Buffer announcing, etc.

And remember...the security isn't there to protect Goldberg. They're there to protect you FROM Goldberg.

Taker's disappointment in the whole thing was evident after the match.
    He had himself to be disappointed in just as much as Goldberg, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Mar 2020 at 07:10 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. I have no explanation for the Fiend match. Still think them burying Wyatt for the "benefit" of Goldberg was an asinine decision. Pure stupidity, which accurately describes the WWE product these days.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.