Page 15 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need for the PSP...PART II

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC View Post
    "Bandit Yoda" returns in Jedi form to instruct me from ye olde thread! Updated to rev B and emus are good to go again. Amazing. Dark Alex is the man.

One thing I find odd though is someone on another forum told me that the game folder needs to be renamed as "GAME150," but even after patching in the config menu it wouldn't let me load my emu until I renamed the folder back to just "GAME." Hrm. Oh wellz.
    You only use GAME150 if you have it set to 303KERNEL. Usually people are lazy or stupid and just leave it at default. By setting it to 150KERNEL, you dont need to make a GAME150 folder. You put everything into GAME just like you never had a custom firmware..hence 150KERNEL.

I personally think that 150KERNEL should of been default and not 303KERNEL. I dont know what the difference is besides an extra folder for all 1.50 homebrew if set on 303KERNEL. Then again, I dont think there is any 3.03 homebrew. So no point for it.

Directions has now been added to first post regarding selecting 150KERNEL.
    Last edited by bandit; 16 Jan 2007 at 07:28 PM.

2. ^^^

Thanks for clarifying. Agreed that it is odd they didn't make that default. btw, you might wanna revise some of the easy OE-A links, the first two are either dead or have the files removed from their respective sites. 3rd easy OE-A link works fine though.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC View Post
    ^^^

Thanks for clarifying. Agreed that it is odd they didn't make that default. btw, you might wanna revise some of the easy OE-A links, the first two are either dead or have the files removed from their respective sites. 3rd easy OE-A link works fine though.
    Thanks. I'll update it if I can find the links.

*EDIT*
    Removed dead links.
    Last edited by bandit; 16 Jan 2007 at 08:15 PM.

4. According to this story, an 8 gig MSPD is due to ship February 19th at a whopping $299.99.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/8-GB-Memory...g/49/aid/79733

My only question is will it be compatible with the PSP? Last I heard the system couldn't read above 4 gig unless one of the firmware updates already took care of this?

5. Prometeus Pro is on 0.10.0 now. They added support for PMF animation and AT3 sound and PBP file association with the program.

So, basically, now it's as good as the PC programs, if not better. Why better? it exploits and kills the Sony warning screen before the PlayStation logo appears.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC View Post
    According to this story, an 8 gig MSPD is due to ship February 19th at a whopping $299.99.

http://pspupdates.qj.net/8-GB-Memory...g/49/aid/79733

My only question is will it be compatible with the PSP? Last I heard the system couldn't read above 4 gig unless one of the firmware updates already took care of this?
    I dont think there is anymore storage limit. I think it was removed when 2.80 was released. I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

7. ^^^

$299 for an 8 gig card right now for a $199-250 system is rediculous in any case.

8. Yep.

Though, given the current features, it's definitely useful.

I've decided the PSP will replace my need for an iPod if I can find enough cheap ProDuos. Also, PSX games, NeoCD games, and what the fuck else? Slapping hacked firmware on this thing and adding a D-Pad hack (I need one of these BAD, can someone reccomend?) unlocks this thing as a jack-of-all-motherfucking-trades.

9. adding a D-Pad hack (I need one of these BAD, can someone reccomend?)
    tape a quarter over the thing.

I'm almost serious. It works, really, if it's something you wanna do.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Yep.

Though, given the current features, it's definitely useful.

I've decided the PSP will replace my need for an iPod if I can find enough cheap ProDuos. Also, PSX games, NeoCD games, and what the fuck else? Slapping hacked firmware on this thing and adding a D-Pad hack (I need one of these BAD, can someone reccomend?) unlocks this thing as a jack-of-all-motherfucking-trades.
    I think I have a D-Pad attachment available still.

Here is the link
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26805