Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need for the PSP...PART II

1. I believe it's been decrypted, right?

So, it's only a matter of time. Just don't update.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Also, what the hell is a CSO?
    Compressed ISO. Which means that you can fit more ISOs onto your memory stick, at the cost of some longer loading.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    I believe it's been decrypted, right?

So, I just have to wait till someone releases something... grrr! I was so excited about putting ps1 games on my psp.

"Currently, every PSP can be downgraded apart from the
    unfortunate ones with firmware 2.81+ FW or have a TA-082
    motherboard with 2.8+ FW."

I don't have a TA-082, but I do have 2.82 which is higher than what is stated...

4. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Compressed ISO. Which means that you can fit more ISOs onto your memory stick, at the cost of some longer loading.
    Larger memory stick ftw. Nevermind on that concept, tthen.

Thanks.

5. I haven't noticed longer loading with CSO's, and they've been a necessity on my 2 gig stick. And they're really really simple to do.

unnevermind that son

Or, at least, with the PSX games around they seem a necessity.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I really need to do this to my PSP before school starts so I can play some Valkyrie Profile on it while riding the train for hours and hours each day.
    What you waiting for?
    Also, what the hell is a CSO?
    Compressed ISO. Smaller ISO file. DAX is another compression file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    are you SOL if you are on ver. 2.82? I don't see any downgraders for that and I want that 3.02OE-b
    For now, yes. Just dont upgrade
    I believe it's been decrypted, right?

All firmwares have been decrypted. Even 3.03
    Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I havent noticed longer load times at all
    Larger memory stick ftw. Nevermind on that concept, tthen.

Thanks.
    CSO is the way to go. There is no longer loading. Its the game itself. If you're running from memory stick, you should not experience long loads. If you're running from external adapters/HD then you probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    I havent noticed longer load times at all

CSO is the way to go. There is no longer loading. Its the game itself. If you're running from memory stick, you should not experience long loads. If you're running from external adapters/HD then you probably would.
    Anything that streams data takes a major hit. Try making a CSO of a GTA game and you'll get pauses all over the place.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    Anything that streams data takes a major hit. Try making a CSO of a GTA game and you'll get pauses all over the place.
    Did that before, no problems. What memory stick are you using? Is it legit? Only time I had long loads was when i was using a 4GB compact flash. Im using a 4GB sandisk and no slow downs or long loads.

9. What are you guys doing to rip to ISO? Toast does it fine on the Mac, but being that the tools are on the PC, Alcohol is my only current option and it only rips to two other formats.

10. Alcohol rips to ISO, I think, depending on the options you chose on the first step. ISO can't have subchannel data, for example, so if you have that checked it won't show up. Also, it rips to CCD with most options checked, which generates IMG files that popstation takes.