Page 5 of 132 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need for the PSP...PART II

1. Yeah, I head others were pretty bummed about Musashi not working. I've had great compatibility so far for myself, but I'm sure there are a handful of nonworking games.

Haven't tried the animations or sound since, well, I bought Wipeout Pure a few months after PSP launch. I'm sure there are tools out there, but I don't know what they are.

edit: Here's a tutorial of some kind.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Yeah, I head others were pretty bummed about Musashi not working. I've had great compatibility so far for myself, but I'm sure there are a handful of nonworking games.

Haven't tried the animations or sound since, well, I bought Wipeout Pure a few months after PSP launch. I'm sure there are tools out there, but I don't know what they are.

edit: Here's a tutorial of some kind.
    Link added to first post.

3. Simple PopStation GUI is starting to look pretty good.

4. http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/01/01/...-094-released/

I love how the PC can always have 5 freeware programs to perform a certain function, yet the first guy to do it on the Mac always wants money or attention.

Like Bannister all over again.

5. i just got MGS portable ops, played the first mission, the controls are going to take some getting used to. Movement seems too sensitive, as i try to creep up to a soilder and instead i run into and past him, bah.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    i just got MGS portable ops, played the first mission, the controls are going to take some getting used to. Movement seems too sensitive, as i try to creep up to a soilder and instead i run into and past him, bah.
    Try posting in the MGS PO thread.

Just a thought.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/01/01/...-094-released/

I love how the PC can always have 5 freeware programs to perform a certain function, yet the first guy to do it on the Mac always wants money or attention.

Like Bannister all over again.
    Here's his site.

http://wattks.extra.hu/

8. Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    302OE-B is the NEW 1.50 firmware. It does everything 1.50 firmware does and it does all the new things that the new firmware does.
    I have to downgrade back to 1.50 to use my SNES/GEN/CPS/NeoGeo/NeoCD emulators. Did I miss something? I'd love to be able to leave the firmware at OE-B and have it run EVERYTHING, though up/downgrading back and forth is easy and relatively fast.

Even with the awesome PSX library now available, I'm a nostalgic soul and still play my 16-bit emulators quite often.

Speaking of the PSX library:
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Rip ISO? HA! I just download them. Alot faster then having to make them myself.
    More and more, I'm finding this to be the best way to get working PSX isos. I have lots of purchased PSX games, and I've ripped pretty much all of them, but some of the converted rips did not work (Silent Bomber was one). I dl'd it and now it works great. Don't know what the difference between the rips and downloads are, but for some reason, the downloads seem more reliable.

On the flip side, some games I can't get to work at all. Tomba! was one of my favorite PSX games, and neither rip nor download (double negative!) is working for me. Haven't tried Omega Boost yet, but I read that was having problems, too. Maxconsole's compatibility index lists both Tomba! and Omega Boost as working perfectly, so it is what it is...

9. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    I have to downgrade back to 1.50 to use my SNES/GEN/CPS/NeoGeo/NeoCD emulators. Did I miss something? I'd love to be able to leave the firmware at OE-B and have it run EVERYTHING, though up/downgrading back and forth is easy and relatively fast.

Even with the awesome PSX library now available, I'm a nostalgic soul and still play my 16-bit emulators quite often.
    I'm at work right now so I cant whip out the PSP but hold the R trigger to go to recovery mode. Go to configurations and is it set on 1.50 KERNEL? If not, do it. Now place your homebrew into the PSP/Game folder.

Speaking of the PSX library:

More and more, I'm finding this to be the best way to get working PSX isos. I have lots of purchased PSX games, and I've ripped pretty much all of them, but some of the converted rips did not work (Silent Bomber was one). I dl'd it and now it works great. Don't know what the difference between the rips and downloads are, but for some reason, the downloads seem more reliable.

On the flip side, some games I can't get to work at all. Tomba! was one of my favorite PSX games, and neither rip nor download (double negative!) is working for me. Haven't tried Omega Boost yet, but I read that was having problems, too. Maxconsole's compatibility index lists both Tomba! and Omega Boost as working perfectly, so it is what it is...
    When I have a chance, I'll see if there are any other compatibility lists out there.

10. bloodyarts, did you create a new folder F:/PSP/GAME150 and put your Gen/SNES/CPS/NG stuff in there? It should work off the XMB directly after that. I got caught up in that step when I went through the 2.0 -> 1.5 ->OE-B process.
    Last edited by sixteen-bit; 04 Jan 2007 at 02:05 PM.