Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 117127129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1317

Thread: Everything You Need for the PSP...PART II

1. From what I've used, they have a really good snes9x running on psp now, I don't see why it wouldnt work on the Go.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

2. I FINALLY got my PSP back from my girlfriend!

But, it's running 5.50 GEN-D Full and won't play Persona 3...

What's the latest thing? Is it this Prometheus thing? I'm afraid to skip up to anything in the 6.0 region due to all of this "corrupt save" stuff I keep seeing.

What are you guys using?

3. Real games on real firmware.

I used to keep my psphat updated with the latest cfw, but i too lost track of whats what. There seems to be a number of different cfws offered and trying to figure out what is best is like asking people about ford vs chevy, pc vs mac, and xbox vs ps3.

4. Hey, none of those assumptions. I have a UMD here. Was going to use my PSP as my Persona machine for my absurd commute.

Meanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Real games on real firmware.

I used to keep my psphat updated with the latest cfw, but i too lost track of whats what. There seems to be a number of different cfws offered and trying to figure out what is best is like asking people about ford vs chevy, pc vs mac, and xbox vs ps3.
    So neither, PC*, and PS3 then?

*Ask me again after Windows 8 is released.

6. Who's up for some dumb tomfoolery?

My goal: output my Legally Purchased Digital PS1 games the best way possible to get full screen on a 480p 4:3 HD CRT.

Possible scenario 1: Use a PS3. I honestly don't remember if it did 4:3 natively or if it squished the picture down to be 16:9 in a 4:3 space. It's been years since I hooked one up to anything that wasn't 16:9. I'll try both hdmi and component cables. Major downside is the soft image the PS3 outputs with ps1 downloads. There's also the lag, but I mostly want to play RPGs, so that doesn't matter that much.

Possible scenario 2: PSP Go with a dock. I can set the psp to output ps1 games at 240p, run that through the OSSC and hope the tv accepts the 2x upscaled image via the HDMI. I was very sad when I tried using the OSSC with a Saturn and this TV. It wouldn't display an image.

Results will be posted tomorrow.

7. I couldn't let Gohan scoop me so I hooked up the PS3.

I should have gone home an hour and a half ago...

The PS3 WILL do 480p 4:3 over hdmi.
    Now to see how a game looks. I'm going to try it both with the upscaler option turned on and turned off.

8. PS1 games on PS3 HDTV is garbage, so I am curious if CRT would (and should) be better.

9. Well, it’s okay (as far as hd crt). But the image looks smoothed over, even if you turn the smoothing option off.

PS1 games via PS3 on a sdtv are crap because the PS3 can’t output 240p.

10. Um, why not PS2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!