Page 11 of 252 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. So I just read Justice 1-10. This is a great classic style Justice League story. And the Alex Ross are is awesome.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    Ms Marvel was lying.
    Confirmed.

Dammit.

3. Civil War: Confessions #1 WTF? That's all I can say about this one.

New Avengers #28 Not as good as the last one (no cunt punting) but pretty interesting, but why did Wong look like an 80 year old man?

Fables #58 I'm not hot on this artist, this work is kind of stiff and simple, but I am interested to see how the little something they brought back with them ends up working out in the story.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    That idea sucks harder than anything Marvel's ever done, which is why they didn't go this route.

Somehow, I had a feeling I'd be lol'ing at predictable fan resolutions that want nothing more than yet another death to make 'deep' storylines.

Marvel's solution is infinitely more believable and bound to stick around for much longer than a needless death followed by the inevitable groan-inducing resurrection. THIS is going to make for interesting stories going forward, not the short-lived death of another hero.
    Ah-hahahahahahahaha.

5. ... you dont' actually think this will stick, do you?

6. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post

... you dont' actually think this will stick, do you?
    Not a chance. Hell, they brought Bucky back in 2005. If this lasts half as long as US Agent-as-Cap, I'll be shocked.

Still, would have made Civil War proper a bit more worthwhile, IMO, considering they went ahead and did it anyway.

7. Cap's death is not really a result of the Civil War. This plan was going to go down regardless, courtesy of Red Skull & Co. so if it had to happen, I think Marvel were right to do it in his own book.

8. Same difference, but I totally understand them wanting to do that. Screws with Brubaker's writing otherwise, etc etc.

Nobody reads Fell or Wormwood?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Fell and Wormwood suck. I hate Fell and Wormwood both.