Page 17 of 252 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. I've read enough Duffie through the years to know to not expect much from him. I'm fairly sure I've read interviews where he cries he can't keep a readership cause he's black. No Dwayne, it's because you suck. Christopher Priest is the one who can't keep a readership cause he's black. ( I LOVED his Black Panther and Quantum and Woody stuff)

2. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    Re: Countdown 49... WTF?! Is Jimmy Olsen on Gingold, now? Or did I miss something? I'll admit I briefly flipped through the book. Are the Monitors the equivalent of Marvel's Watchers? Except they have no compunctions about interfering, violently if necessary? Poor Mary Marvel. We hardly knew ye. But we will, won't we? I hope he doesn't do too much damage. And now that everyone's back from their year long vacations, just what are they going to do about him?
    Well the temptation of Mary Marvel is going to be a big part in count down I can't wait to see more.

Also an uber spoiler cover for week 47
    http://home.comcast.net/~brandchan/marymarvel.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marymarvel01.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	289.1 KB 
ID:	24329  

3. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    'Twill be a real shame when he leaves the book in 3 issues. At least he plans on wrapping up most of his dangling plots.
    Yeah, I'm tempted to drop it when he leaves, but he says he's extremely happy with the hands he's leaving it in, so I'll wait and see. And as great as his Shulkie run has been, I'll happily trade it for what all signs point to us getting in return: the title of Amazing Spider-Man ringing true again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Also an uber spoiler cover for week 47
    http://home.comcast.net/~brandchan/marymarvel.jpg
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!
    Thanks for that, Brand. Oh hell yeah, DC kicks ass

5. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    Yeah, I'm tempted to drop it when he leaves, but he says he's extremely happy with the hands he's leaving it in, so I'll wait and see. And as great as his Shulkie run has been, I'll happily trade it for what all signs point to us getting in return: the title of Amazing Spider-Man ringing true again.
    Slott... on Amazing Spider-Man..?! If you're leading me on, I will give you such an e-asskicking, Perrin...

Oh my stars... I haven't been able to read Spider-Man since the end of the Ezekiel arc. JMS almost ruined the character for me, entirely. Slott is just the man to give me faith in the character again.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't wait for She-Hulk to end!!

6. So, I found a lot of the DC Animated Universe comics online, does anybody know if they ever made trades of them?

7. Anybody read "Spider-Man: Reign"? Fantastic stuff.

The new issue of Illuminati is out. Besides the great art it's kind of a yawn, don't really care about Secret Wars personally. Nice twist, though.

8. I've heard Slott is good, but that She-Hulk excerpt was horrid. Hopefully he's not writing anything else with Tony Stark.

"You killed my dog!!!"
    "It's okay, I''m a futurist. Please believe."

lol

I just/finally read Absolute Kingdom Come, despite buying it some time ago. Haven't read the story in 7 or 8 years, and it doesn't seem to be as good as I remember it, but that's partly due to the quality of work we've seen since then - nevermind when Kingdom Come came out in the mid-90s. Still an okay to good read though, and the extras are lovely. But if someone wanted an oversized hardcover of Alex Ross' work to read time and again, I'd much sooner recommend The World's Greatest Super-Heroes instead. Paul Dini wrote spectacular stories in that collection, and Ross' art shines.

Reading Kingdom Come is really the first comics-related material I've read in at least six months, if not a year, actually. I just lost interest in all of it, but I think I'll get through the books I have yet to read and maybe pick up a few more things (Astonishing X-Men Vol 2 Hc, Ulltimates 2 HC, Absolute All-Star Superman HC, Flight Volume 4, etcetera). Eventually.
    Last edited by Geo; 31 May 2007 at 06:02 PM.

9. Chux got the idea in my head that I should finally read all of Mark Millar's Spider-man run, having only enjoyed the first two-thirds via softcover collections and the hardcover has been sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, so I did and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic story by Millar, the Dodsons, Frank Cho, and everyone else involved.

10. Hmm, I know I have those Millar MK Spideys, but damn if I've forgotten everything that happened in them.

A recap, maybe?

Think I stopped picking up MK Spidey at #12 or #13... maybe the series ended, because I kind of remember liking the book, somewhat.