Page 19 of 252 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Ashley Wood's Tank Girl is out this week, which is awesome if you like Tank Girl. Everybody else steer well clear, you won't like it.
    What's the status of this one? I'm hoping it's a reprint because I was just thinking I'd like to try reading a few and see how good it is.

I need to find out what is doing on with Wildstorm lately as I've been waiting since forever on Skye Runner #7 to show up. They did an artist switch with the last issue and that really bugs alot knowing that doing this on short runs means leading up to being discontinued (possibly).

2. Wizard World interview from Bendis:

Bendis talked about the ending of New Avengers #31, which revealed that Elektra was a Skrull. He said the point was that something has happened in the Marvel Universe.

"And the argument will be, 'Is it an isolated incident? Or have we been at war didn't know it?'" Bendis said.

He added that supsicions are raised because there have been suspect behavior and actions in the Marvel Universe.

* The Skrull story will be connected with the events of Annihilation. "It's not a situation where they want Earth, but they need Earth and religiously believe it to be theirs," Bendis said, adding he always knew the plans of Annihilation and it dovetails perfectly into his story.

* Asked about comparisons to Battlestar Galactica, Bendis noted that the Skrulls have been around long before the television series and that he turned in his plans for New Avengers before the SciFi series began.

* What about Jessica's baby? "This is a good question," Bendis said. "The point of that page is whether it's a Skrull baby or Jessica's a Skrull or Luke's a Skrull, is that any living thing could be a Skrull."

Bendis said that if last year's theme was "Whose side are you on?," this year theme is "Who do you trust?"

* Bendis said the new information will be played out for the next few months, leading to a bigger thing. "The bigger thing's going to involve a lot more characters and that will be for next year," Bendis said. "A lot of Kree and Skrull characters will be affected."

* Bendis said there might be "sleeper cell Skrulls."

* Bendis said that his new exclusive contract allows him the time to do an expansive story. He said if readers go back to previous issues, they might find hints that they didn't see before.

* Bendis said that "anybody with a wobbily resurrection is very suspect" of being a Skrull.
    omg Thor's a skrull?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    omg Thor's a skrull?
    ZOMG!!! Every mutant/x-mutant is a Skrull!!!!!!!!!

4. I just looked up Annhiliation to see what it was. I'd totally forgotten about last year's series and didn't know they'd planned another for later in the summer. After reading the entry, I care even less now than before. It just looks like an over-complicated mess.

James

5. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts View Post
    World War Hulk - Super de-powering Nanites do shit to Hulk. So do nukes. Black Bolt jobs. John Romita Jr. sucks.
    I think it was more on the inker here.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    I think it was more on the inker here.
    Honestly I don't like John Romita Jr.'s art either. It's gotten better over the years, some of his early work is pure crap. But everyone is squarish (and not in a cool artsy way), and every dude looks like his nose is broken. I also didn't like his art in Eternals either. But art is a pretty subjective thing but that's my opinion on the dude.

7. Ah well. I like the style, even if the characters are admittedly a bit undynamic at times. It's a fair trade-off for an artist who actually understands the concept of a deadline.

8. I too am part of the hate JRjr's art camp.
    I just went to the LCS last week for the first time since Cap died. I'm working my way through two bags of books, and my previously held feelings towards all the books are the same.
    I'm going to drop Exiles. I jumped on for the World Tour, and loved it; but now that Claremont is on the book, not so much. His story wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either, and that $3.00 can go towards something else I'll enjoy more.
    I'm on the fence concerning New Avengers. I like Yu's art in general, but not on this book.
    Anyone reading Omega Flight? With Oeming and Kolins it seems like it could be cool, but I buy too much as it is to blind buy any more stuff.
    Fables is great, but anyone skipping Exterminators, DMZ, and Scalped are short changing themselves.
    Also I was glad to see The Boys got picked up by Dynamite.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    ZOMG!!! Every mutant/x-mutant is a Skrull!!!!!!!!!
    And Captain America of course. I know Marvel would love to take back his death somehow....

10. Why? Although Brubakers run has imo been phenominal, Cap hasn't been note worthy since the Waid/Garney days.
    Gruenwald must have had some pretty bad dirt on the Marvel higher ups for them to let him ruin the character for so long. Or They just hated the character, which would explain Dave Hoovers run as artist.