Page 238 of 252 FirstFirst ... 224234236237238239240242 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Though the distance she hits is impressive.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Margaret Atwood is doing a graphic novel. The first of three volumes comes out this September.

It... it looks really dumb and is called Angel Catbird.

But still! An Atwood comic!

http://www.bustle.com/articles/16873...ird-tells-us-a

Her last book was almost always great.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 23 Jun 2016 at 11:41 PM.

3. I was looking through wiki to get some idea of the creative team runs of Hulk. This paragraph illustrates why I started losing interest in comics in 2010 and did so completely by 2012.
    Writer Greg Pak took over the series in 2006, leading the Hulk through several crossover storylines including "Planet Hulk" and "World War Hulk", which left the Hulk temporarily incapacitated and replaced as the series' title character by the demigod Hercules in the retitled The Incredible Hercules (Feb. 2008). The Hulk returned periodically in Hulk, which then starred the new Red Hulk.[36] In September 2009, The Incredible Hulk was relaunched as The Incredible Hulk vol. 2, #600.[36] The series was retitled The Incredible Hulks with issue #612 (Nov. 2010) to encompass the Hulk's expanded family, and ran until issue #635 (Oct. 2011) when it was replaced with The Incredible Hulk vol. 4, (15 issues, Dec. 2011 – Dec. 2012) written by Jason Aaron with art by Marc Silvestri.[37] As part of Marvel's Marvel NOW! relaunch, the Hulk's new title was The Indestructible Hulk (Nov. 2012) under the creative team of Mark Waid and Leinil Yu.[38] This series was replaced in 2014 with The Hulk by Waid and artist Mark Bagley.[39]

4. A lot of series should just stop for a time. There are only so many stories you can come up with.

5. That's the problem with man children not being able to move on from superheroes. There used to be a turnover of readers every five years or so. Publishers could get away with recycling villains and stories, because chances were it was new to whoever was reading. It's also really, really, hard to come up with new characters. For every Wolverine, Punisher, or Deadpool, there's a thousand "new" characters that just didn't click with the marketplace. Hell, remember DC's "Bloodlines" event? They debuted a new character in the annual of every issue that year. The only one that went anywhere was Robinson's Starman.

I got my copper age comics back and I have 10 bagged and boarded Turok 1 by Valiant. Memories.

7. Eric Powell has a new series out this week, Hillbilly. It's a fantasy set in the mythology of Appalachia. Easily my favorite book of the week just because I picked it up on the strength of Eric Powell's name with no idea what to expect, and it turned out to be excellent.

8. Humble Bundle has a "Grant Morrison Comics" bundle that is really an 18 Days bundle. Anyone read it?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    That's the problem with man children not being able to move on from superheroes. There used to be a turnover of readers every five years or so. Publishers could get away with recycling villains and stories, because chances were it was new to whoever was reading. It's also really, really, hard to come up with new characters. For every Wolverine, Punisher, or Deadpool, there's a thousand "new" characters that just didn't click with the marketplace. Hell, remember DC's "Bloodlines" event? They debuted a new character in the annual of every issue that year. The only one that went anywhere was Robinson's Starman.
    I liked that Hitman (who also came out of those annuals) basically just went around killing off Bloodlines characters afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Crap, I forgot about Hitman. Did he last once Ennis was done with him?