Page 241 of 252 FirstFirst ... 227237239240241242243245 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/01...k-reimaginings

Pretty sure they all came out. The only one that doesn't strike my curiosity is that Scooby Doo one. I see what they're going for, but I'm judging a book by its cover because it contains Shaggy with a hipster beard.

Shaggy was always a hipster.

3. Anyone pick up Reborn #1?

4. I did, haven't had a chance to read it yet though.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Picked up two issues of Flintstones (3&4), it's quality!
    4's bummer comedy game is strong. Fred's moment at the monogamy retreat was wonderful.

6. Haven't thought about looking at a Marvel comic in some time. But I did today. I went to CBR.com and looked at this: http://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-on-sale-april-5-2017/

Things I see:
    1. Soft reboots aren't just for old movie franchises. Thor is a woman (I knew that). Hawkeye is a woman (Did not know that). Wolverine is a woman and/or old dude? Wasp is a woman, but not the woman I knew her to be. Spiderman is any number of people? Captain America is any number of people?
    2. Comic art seems set squarely in the Vertigo House or Madureira style.
    3. The only names I recognized in the writing/art credits were Mark Waid, Humberto Ramos, Leonard Kirk, Kelly Thompson (and only because I used to read a bunch on CBR before it became whatever the hell it is now), Mike Perkins, Al Ewing, Fred Van Lente, Bendis, and Marc Gugghenheim. Six writers and three artists out of sixteen books (didn't look at the preview stuff or Star Wars). Where are the 80s-early 2000s people? I know DC had a bunch of old Marvel people going in and out of NU52.

Does anyone follow this stuff anymore?

7. Can't comment on Thor or Hawkeye. Wolverine, Logan, is "dead", hes had molten adamantium dumped on him. So now he's a Logan adamantium statue. The female "Wolverine" is X-23 who has taken up the mantle of Wolverine. The Old guy is literally Old Man Logan from the Old Man Logan universe/future due to the events of the second Secret Wars he's now in the current timeline/universe. Hopefully I remembered that right.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. I thought 616 Wolverine was killed with some magic sword that nullified his healing or something. He's just trapped in a statue, not even actually dead? That's... gonna be even easier to undo whenever they feel like it than most comic book deaths. All it would take is somebody with teleportation powers. E: Wikipedia says his healing factor was turned off by a virus from the microverse, whatever that is. So being encased in adamantium did in fact kill him, and then a bunch of people fought over his remains like he was Big Boss.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 31 Mar 2017 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Oh, and the first fem-Thor run is pretty good, right up until you find out her identity. Then they started the numbering over, changed creative teams, and it went downhill a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. I don't get how or why fem Thor is fem Thor. Beta Ray Bill didn't become Horse Thor. Eric Masterson shared bodies with Thor.
    Well, I do get it. Name recognition. But it's still dumb.