Page 244 of 252 FirstFirst ... 230240242243244245246248 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Check your emails if you've got a Comixology account; They sent me an email the other day with a '$20 off a $30 purchase' coupon. Prrretty good.

2. I've been in the mood to read some comics lately, but I scarcely know where to start. What's good these days that are relatively self-contained arcs that both have endings and don't require extensive knowledge of back stories?

I've started with the recent run of The Vision, and Batman Rebirth.

3. Saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I hear good things about Saga, but I'm trying to start with more self-contained stories before I jump into something ongoing.

5. I don't read modern superhero stuff because they're doing doughnuts in the parking lot forever. If something is good it's in spite of the state of the genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Buy whatever Peter David is writing, so he can pay his taxes.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I don't read modern superhero stuff because they're doing doughnuts in the parking lot forever. If something is good it's in spite of the state of the genre.
    I generally agree with this, which is why I haven't paid attention in a long time. But at the same time, I'm sure there are exceptions I've been missing out on.

The Vision was one of those, for sure. Not only really original, and totally character driven, but thoughtful, sad, and heartfelt. It's dark, but not in the tired Edgelord sort of way, but in the Shakespearean tragic sense. I've never thought twice about the character before this, but it stands on its own. I'm hoping there's more like that that I've missed.

8. Chew is good although 60 issues. I've been enjoying Curse Words because it's a lot of fun, about a wizard who came to Earth's dimension to subdue it but decided to live here instead. Divided States of Hysteria is Chaykin's best book in years. The new Nick Fury book is surprisingly great, a series of spy-action one-shots with killer style. Head Lopper is a great read, smart Conan-style fantasy. There's a ton of great stuff out now, much of which requires very little to get started with.

9. Not my bag, but $25 will get you a fuckton of IDW G.I. Joe and Transformers comics over at Humblebundle. $1 will get you quite a bit even.