Page 251 of 252 FirstFirst ... 237247249250251252 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. This is going to be a good thing for comics in the long run. I totally support LCS, but get comics back into the places kids discover them, convenience stores, grocery stores, and shit like that. Diamond has just been an albatross around the industries neck for decades now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Unfortunately, I feel like that bird has flown for the most part. Magazine racks are a dying breed in general, stores are pretty much carrying what's always done best and even those are playing a game of survivor as the shelf space perpetually shrinks. I don't see them making much of a play for adding stuff.

I thought Marvel doing that deal with Archie to do digest-sized reprints they could sell at grocery checkouts would bear some fruit and be a good path forward (like seriously, kids are way more likely to beg their mom for a mag with Spidey on the cover over friggin' Archie), but apparently they quit after 8 issues and I never saw one in the wild. I have seen a few 100-some page $5 DC reprint books at Walmart lately, but they're always shoved exclusively in the trading card aisle that's near the registers like it's supposed to be impulse buys for people waiting for registers... but the registers directly near it are never ever open, so no one ever browses there.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 07 Jun 2020 at 11:43 PM.

3. I haven't seen the Marvel stuff but same thing with the DC reprints. Which I agree is the wrong place to put them. The industry definitely needs to do something to get younger viewership able to find comics again.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Put them next to the vapes.

5. Mini mvs was stoaked I had some of these lying around. Teen Titans Go is her go to this week.

6. That is awesome!
    Where I play

7. Cute kid. Might want to de-clutter that kitchen, however.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Cute kid. Might want to de-clutter that kitchen, however.
    I live with hellspawn. That is clean for them.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    This is going to be a good thing for comics in the long run. I totally support LCS, but get comics back into the places kids discover them, convenience stores, grocery stores, and shit like that. Diamond has just been an albatross around the industries neck for decades now.
    I don't think that's Diamond's fault. Way I've always heard it, the problem is that in those venues comics were competing for shelf space with traditional magazines, which offered higher profit margins relative to the space taken up for the newsstand (or grocery store with a magazine rack or whatever). So they raised prices to appease those outlets (and started printing on glossy paper with fancy modern coloring to make the books look worth it, which if they now tried to reverse the existing readership would riot over), but all that accomplished was pricing kids out and thus lowering sales numbers so the mass market outlets still weren't happy and dropped them anyway. It's a real catch 22.

I feel like the real answer to getting back the mass readership of decades past, much as it would piss off a lot of current readers and royally fuck direct market stores, is to finally embrace digital as the primary sales vector and abandon price parity with physical books - i.e. 99 cents an issue as the standard price, not the sale price, on digital storefronts. Not only would that put them back in the realm of affordable-to-kids, but a kid's tablet is more valuable impulse buy real estate than a spinner rack could ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

I've stopped reading American comics altogether. I haven't read one since......the first 3 issues of the beta ray bill mini? I need to finish Invincible, but other than that, it's all manga. MHA, One Piece, OPM, Black Clover are going hard.