Page 221 of 252 FirstFirst ... 207217219220221222223225235 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It's been six years since the last issue of Fell.
    I think Fell #9 was the last comic I ever bought.

2. Shit, that was a good one too.

I just read Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse volume 2, and now I need to read the rest of it.

Been reading the 1987 DC cop series Underworld, it's pretty cool. No superheroes, just NYC beat cops. Only lasted 4 issues. I like the experiments in straight-up fiction books that DC was doing at the time, Cinder and Ashe was another really good one. Solid storytelling, something different. The ads are huge fun, too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	702189.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	73566
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

What the hell is this bullshit?

4. I stopped reading that article after learning that Dick Grayson is working for a secret agency called Spyral.

5. Maybe he got tired of being Nightwing? Whatever, it's DC and I won't touch anything in their superhero universe right now until they have management that doesn't churn through creators at such a rapid pace. There's no point in getting attached to a book when the team making it special will quit in 6-8 months.

James

6. I havent read a comic in a year. Heard Ellis was doing Moon Knight, both of which I am a fan. His two issues so far have been ok. So then i checked out some other recent Marvel #1s. I liked David's last X Factor run but lost interest around issue 30 or so. This new run seems ok, but i hate the art. Wolverine makes an appearance in issue 1 so that...the solicits can say Wolverine!(?).
    Next was Nightcrawler, again a fav character of mine. Read four pages. Todd Nauck's art never impressed me, but never bothered me either. It is awful here. And hey, Wolverine!
    Deadpool/Carnage. Never cared for either character, but the two of them together could be fun. Made it two pages into this one. Writing didnt grab me, and guess what? i hated the art. Im sure Wolverine! makes an appearance later.
    Ghost Rider. Didnt read any of it. Didnt like the art. And where is Wolverine!?
    Inhuman. I have to be in the right mood for Madureira, which i wasnt. So i plan on looking at this and Silver Surfer tomorrow. I wonder how they will explain Wolverine! in space?
    So, so far, I feel i am not missing anything, except for when comics were actual pencil drawings. I am really not a fan of this digital art crap and even less a fan of the coloring.
    I need to go cleanse my palette with some Raymond and Williamson.

7. I just re-read Elektra Assassin, I'd recommend that.

8. Pffft. That doesnt have Wolverine(!).

9. It's got a dude who might as well be Wolverine in it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2485.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	73964

Apparently Bill Paxton plays him on Agents of SHIELD now? That's an odd turnaround for the character.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 16 Apr 2014 at 02:07 AM.