Page 247 of 252 FirstFirst ... 233243245246247248249251 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Yeah I finally got big into Moebius a while ago. I'm so glad I can enjoy it these days, he's such a genius.

2. I really like Moebius. Milo Manara is the more historical/smuttier version. Hugo Pratt's Corto Maltese is great.

Asterix is cool in small doses, Tintin is cool in small doses. Blacksad is super awesome.

Best to just dig around and see what looks cool. The writing isn't as important as the great cartooning.

Christophe Blain is an artist I really want to look in to:

la-fille_christophe-blain_06.jpg
    Last edited by YellerDog; 17 Aug 2018 at 01:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Blain's King Kong book looks fuuuucking cooooool: http://www.comicsandcola.com/2015/04...er-blains.html

Good thread on Euro Comics to thumb through: http://classiccomics.org/thread/75/european-comics

Good comic blog: http://www.comicsandcola.com/
    Last edited by YellerDog; 17 Aug 2018 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. IDW brought out some hardcover collections of Torpedo a few years ago, I really lucked out when found 4 out of 5 of 'em used for cheap. Some good-ass 1930s mafia comix.

Last edited by Bacon McShig; 17 Aug 2018 at 07:02 PM.

5. nice!

6. WHOA this guy is pretty cool too! Thanks for the head start guys, this is great. I think I can get going with this now.

7. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Who's_Who_in_the_DC_Universe.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	81384
    When I was a kid and getting into comics there were comic stores around me, I just bought stuff off the spinner at the grocery store. I don't remember the first time I went into a comic store, but I had to be 11 or so, so '87-88. This place had around a dozen long boxes of comics at the back of the store, and upon each box was a sign that said "$.25 each or 6 for $1.00"
    I thought I died and went to heaven.
    I was very much a Marvel kid, but was aware of the DC heavy hitters thanks to Super Friends and such. Among the issues of shit like Amethyst and New Universe titles were these books called Who's Who in the DC Universe. What the hell kind of comic was this? There weren't any stories! It's all just facts and history of various characters! How lame right?
    WRONG!
    I was also Very Into G.I. Joe. I loved the little file cards that came on every figure's package. DC obviously had me in mind when they dreamed this concept up! I'd get to learn about sooo many characters I'd never heard of!
    I went through every frickin' longbox to find every issue of Who's Who I could, and then some other stuff to make sure I had a number of comics divisible by 6. I was a min/maxer even then. Thank god I had such patient parents.

So now I'm on ebay and memories of Who's Who come flooding back. I should be able to get a full set, or close to it for a song right? Well, not so right. While they certainly arent worth a lot of money, I can't make myself spend $4-8 per issue when I originally got them for 16.7 cents.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 18 Aug 2018 at 04:11 PM.

8. Even as a little kid I didn't want the superhero stuff. I wanted the grocery store comics with Unca Scrooge in them.

9. I kinda want to go back and read those now, as an adult. I'll bet there's a lot to learn.

10. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Even as a little kid I didn't want the superhero stuff. I wanted the grocery store comics with Unca Scrooge in them.
    Clearly you were unaware of the awesomeness that is...

BALLOON BUSTER!
    RCO007_1468128146.jpg