Page 242 of 252 FirstFirst ... 228238240241242243244246 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I thought 616 Wolverine was killed with some magic sword that nullified his healing or something. He's just trapped in a statue, not even actually dead? That's... gonna be even easier to undo whenever they feel like it than most comic book deaths. All it would take is somebody with teleportation powers. E: Wikipedia says his healing factor was turned off by a virus from the microverse, whatever that is. So being encased in adamantium did in fact kill him, and then a bunch of people fought over his remains like he was Big Boss.
    can't shadowcat pull him out?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. He'll magically pop out once Disney gets the movie rights back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. That's not magic. That's lawyers.

4. Legal wizards did it.

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    For five years, Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo charted the course of Batman’s adventures in the New 52 and gave the Dark Knight a modern spin. This summer, Snyder and Capullo are reuniting for Dark Nights: Metal, a new DC event that’s going far beyond Batman and the Justice League as it introduces brand new characters and even a brand new multiverse called the Dark Multiverse.

Starting in June, Snyder and his co-writer, James Tynion IV will join superstar artists Jim Lee, John Romita, Jr., and Andy Kubert on Dark Days: The Forge; which will lead into the Dark Days: The Casting one-shot in July from the same creative team. Dark Nights: Metal will begin in August, before five new titles will spin out of the event this fall: The Silencer, Sideways, The Immortal Men, Damage, and New Challengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder
    Everything Metal, everything Dark Matter everything is in this world. The event really is like if Frank Frazetta and Jack Kirby had a baby to a heavy metal soundtrack.
    Full story and interview

I had zero interest in the New 52 stuff, but this sounds promising. It's not Batman & TMNT but promising.

6. DC reboots every ten years and still doesn't make any damn sense. Isn't half the line walking on Watchmen's grave nowadays?

7. What if Frank Frazetta and Jack Kirby weren't geniuses? Let's find out!

8. Seems like something that could be cool as a one-shot illustrated by Simon Bisley.

As a protracted affair by a bunch of decidedly non-metal artists, though, eh not so much.

(Would be kinda neat if Tony Daniel would use the opportunity to dip back to the sort of style he was using on The Tenth rather than the bland-ass Jim Lee Lite reinvention he underwent when he went to DC, tho.)
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 24 May 2017 at 09:47 PM.

9. I'm very lucky to have you people to describe to me just how stupid Marvel and DC continue to be. Glad I stepped off that wheel forever. I don't know how you guys do it.

10. I've been going back and loading the 80s runs of Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-Factor, and Excalibur on my iPad, I'm pretty happy with old comics lately. Not so much new comics.

I plan to read up through the end of New Mutants then move on to something else. Maybe close the gate with Adjectiveless X-Men 1-3.

I want to re-read Morrison and Whedon's runs at some point, but that Xorn bullshit was real dumb.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 28 May 2017 at 03:01 AM.