Page 246 of 252 FirstFirst ... 232242244245246247248250 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

I zoned out a bit.

2. What complicates it even more, and makes things all the more stupid, is that young Jean is now dead. They have a whole event about how the ghost of old jean and her were trying to stop the phoenix force which shows up and kills young Jean to bring old Jean back. Event is still going on with old Jean, but you have X-Men comics still coming out with young Jean running around ok.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Pretty sure if I was 15 I'd have been all over this, assuming it didn't take place across so many series there was no way to afford them all. Not being 15 any more, though, I can't imagine why on earth I'd waste my time.

I'm in a Spider Man mood and was looking for good stories to go through. I read the Superior Spider Man and really enjoyed it. There's one point where Otto is moving in on Kingpin's base with his henchman and, knowing that the Kingpin and his lackeys are listening, makes a remark about them dying in the assault and cackles maniacally. They were like oh god, is this what it feels like when we do it? Pretty good story overall.

I'm actually having trouble finding good Spider Man story arcs. I love the original comics but everything else seems to be sucky to just ok. Reading Ultimate Spider Man, up to 113 or so and it's pretty fucking cringy. I guess I shouldn't expect anything from the early aughts to age gracefully.

Any recommendations?

5. I was never into Spider-Man too much, but I liked the Paul Jenkins/Mark Buckingham Spectacular run.

The Marvel Knights Spider Man run is supposed to be good.

6. Given that you liked Superior, I'll assume you aren't one of those ridiculous zealots that paint Ramos' artwork as eye cancer. His Big Time run is good fun, and I remember liking his 2003 Spectacular run, particularly the hulking, oozy Venom he drew.

Spider-man's Tangled Web was an anthology series by different creative teams focusing on various Spidey villains, I remember there being some great issues/runs in that.

There's a rather impressive old GAF thread that divides a lot of the modern runs into their various arcs and rates whether they're worth reading or not. I haven't delved too deep into these, but I've got this thread bookmarked as a resource for whenever that urge hits.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 02 Jun 2018 at 11:43 AM.

7. This Jubilee sequence is why I like old comics.

You couldn't do that in a book, movie, or tv. (well, you could in a movie or tv, but most of the audience would miss it because they'd be paying attention to whatever nonsense Psylocke and Wolverine are on about.

img693.jpg
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 16 Aug 2018 at 07:09 PM.

8. Does anyone here know anything about European comics? Indie especially, but other more general stuff too.

I've wanted to get into them for so long but I feel like I need something that will grab my face and force me to look deeper. Like Sergio Aragones kinda stuff. Asterix is not quite my bag, but it feels like a cooler version of that cartoonist is out there.

9. What era is that comic? 90s? 80s? I never followed superheroes and know nothing about that world, despite it seeming like I REALLY should. It makes a couple of peeps surly.

10. I’ve read a bunch of Moebius, that’s about it for me.

That is from X-Men #268, September 1990.