Page 250 of 252 FirstFirst ... 236246248249250251252 LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2514

Thread: The Weekly Comics Grind

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    he was "intimidated" by characters like Night Trasher ("he had a knife coming out of his arm," which he didn't) and Nova ("he was SO buff!").
    Yeah, he did.
    1.jpg

But even so, who has always been one of Marvel's most famous characters. Hmmm...I recall a dude that had multiple retractable "knives" in both hands.

And yeah, Speedball was the Johnny Depp of the comic world

Let's see: the leader was black, one of the early members was a semi paralyzed female of color, Speedball was king dork. I guess you gotta complain about Nova, Firestar, Marvel Boy(?) and Namorita looking like superheroes. That was pretty unheard of back then.

Go read Harbinger if you need to see fat chicks in your superheroes. Oh wait, that book was trash that only speculators bought and no one read.
    (I was Very into the New Warriors)

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, he did.
    1.jpg
    Ah, so he did. I only know him from reading Avengers: The Initiative, and I don't recall him using it there. And I remember his Marvel Legends figure came with a skateboard, which I guess is where the "Thrasher" part came from.

But even so, who has always been one of Marvel's most famous characters. Hmmm...I recall a dude that had multiple retractable "knives" in both hands.
    No idea. I think you're making that up.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 19 Mar 2020 at 03:14 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Kinda 11th hour here, but Groupees has a Humanoids bundle ending today with a whoooole bunch of top-shelf eurocomix.

4. Good shit, thanks for sharing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So Marvel Comics has completely shit the bed now.
    I can't believe this isn't a video produced by The Onion.

6. That is AMAZING. Every atom of it seems calculated to maximally piss off the people who give comics fandom (and geek culture in general) a bad name, and I love it. I haven't bought a book issue-to-issue in years, but this I just might. It ALMOST doesn't even matter if the writing is actually any good.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 27 May 2020 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Some people are guessing that New Warriors is actually a full-on parody ala Nextwave. I can't see Marvel having the balls to do that but it would be awesome if they did.

8. I hope whoever owns the rights to Dora sues.

9. Oh shit.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. DC broke ties with Diamond.

Honestly I never understood why DC and Marvel still stuck with them after they were bought up by giant conglomerates. Always struck me as odd that Warner and Disney would just go along with a competing monopoly dictating terms to them.