Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1up interviews Treasure

1. IT was never released in any country. It was completed and a gold copy is gathering dust somewhere, but it was never released.
    Was it ever leaked, by chance?

2. God hates color coded shooters.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Color coding worked in Radiant Silvergun, where it felt more like a supplement than a requirement, but I really didn't like it in Ikaruga. Too much of the game was centered around shooting just the right enemy, and that made it tedious.

The whole color-coding thing never did it for me anyway. Whether it's Super Magnetic Neo, Silhouette Mirage, Ikaruga, or any of a number of other games that think it's more clever than annoying, I just can't get into it. Doom's "red key for the red door" is just about as far as I want to see that mechanic taken.

James

4. I'm trying to think of an instance of color coding being put to good use...

(Radiant and Ikaruga can eat the fattest part of my dick)
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    ...a pubic hair?

James

6. No, the part with the raised sore.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I'm trying to think of an instance of color coding being put to good use...

The 4th stage of Ikaruga is fucking brilliant with the color coding.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Color coding worked in Radiant Silvergun, where it felt more like a supplement than a requirement, but I really didn't like it in Ikaruga. Too much of the game was centered around shooting just the right enemy, and that made it tedious.
    What part of the game made you shoot just the right enemy? If you aren't playing for score it doesn't matter. I think most people would argue it is less of a problem in Ikaruga because the scoring isn't tied to your weapons power, like RSG.

If anyone wanted a game that was more dodging and less "tedious scoring", there IS a HARD mode (hello suicide bullets), which everyone conveniently forgets.
    Last edited by Ryan; 05 Jan 2007 at 08:18 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Color coding worked in Radiant Silvergun, where it felt more like a supplement than a requirement, but I really didn't like it in Ikaruga. Too much of the game was centered around shooting just the right enemy, and that made it tedious.
    I felt just the opposite. Radiant Silvergun was impossible if you didn't chain, since your gun's leveling was tied to chaining. Ikaruga chaining was just for points and totally optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    Was it ever leaked, by chance?
    No dice.