Page 13 of 468 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. so whos gonna get the damn iphone on friday?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    so whos gonna get the damn iphone on friday?
    I don't see why anyone would really want one right now. It's overpriced and missing features and software that should be there already. Additionally, who knows what Apple's typical first gen hardware bugs will be this time? I copied this list from Engadget.

* The mobile version of OS X or whatever it is the iPhone runs takes up 700MB of the device's capacity. Damn son!
    * There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text! WHOA! Big, big mistake.
    * No A2DP support. That, friends, is such a huge bummer right there.
    * Sorry, music can't be used as a ringtone -- even if it's just a raw MP3. No additional ringtones will be sold at launch.
    * Pogue again confirms document file reading -- but not editing -- for PDF, Word, and Excel (only).
    * Adobe Flash support is officially out. It's just not in the browser. Neither is there any other kind of embedded video support. Sorry everybody, that's that.
    * It will take snaps, but won't record video. How can Apple love YouTube as much as it does and not realize cellphone-shot movies make up a sizeable chunk of the crazy crap you find on there?
    call quality is only average, and AT&T's weak sauce signal wasn't doing the iPhone any favors. It also can be a rather multi-step affair to even make a call, since there's no home screen speed dial or voice recognition, and the phonebook can't be searched, only scrolled through. Other failings like the lack of MMS, IM chat and video recording are even more mysterious. And that EDGE data? Pogue found himself longing for the days of dial-up, while waiting 1-2 minutes for popular sites to load

3. Owned.

4. I got to play with one, at a VZW corporate meeting. Someone had one that was a "review" unit. Not sure if it was a prototype firmware or not, but it really wasnt any good at anything. The UI is slicker than greased pig shit, but its a pain in the ass just to make a simple phone call. Sending a text was as painfull as I knew it would be.

And they just announced 6GB and 8GB MicroSDHC memory cards for cell phones. So...

LOL @ Apple.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    * Adobe Flash support is officially out. It's just not in the browser. Neither is there any other kind of embedded video support. Sorry everybody, that's that.

Wow. Their main commercial right now features youtube. Go Apple.

6. Quote Originally Posted by torgo View Post
    Wow. Their main commercial right now features youtube. Go Apple.
    youtube library is being transcoded to MP4, less power consumed by processor decoding mp4 then running flash.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    youtube library is being transcoded to MP4, less power consumed by processor decoding mp4 then running flash.
    It still proves their main commercial slogan is BS. Something like "It's not the mobile internet, it's just the internet. On your phone." Sorry, not without Flash it isn't. Flash is ubiquitous.
    Last edited by stormy; 27 Jun 2007 at 06:33 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    It still proves their main commercial slogan is BS. Something like "It's not the mobile internet, it's just the internet. On your phone." Sorry, not without Flash it isn't. Flash is ubiquitous.
    what is flash really needed and important for besides youtube (which is solved by a seperate app in the phone) and interactive ads?

9. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    what is flash really needed and important for besides youtube (which is solved by a seperate app in the phone) and interactive ads?
    Yeah you're right. Because obviously everyone across the world uses the internet in the exact same way. Not at all sure why you're trying to defend Apple here. Not including Flash is a pretty big mistake. And I'm typing this from my MacBook which I pretty much love more than life itself.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    No, but I'm sick of Apple's false advertising. Those Mac vs. PC commercials are complete bullshit and I really hope there aren't people out there taking them seriously. This is just another example. Furthermore, for $500 or $600 or whatever it is it should support flash. I just bought a similiar sized Nokia internet tablet for $130 that runs Opera and supports flash.

I hope everyone enjoys beta testing their iPhones.