Page 29 of 468 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. The best thing might be for someone to decompress it in Windows then make an ISO file of the disc for you, and send you the ISO to burn. You have webspace to upload an ISO to?

I can do it for you when I get home later tonight, but I'm just starting work now. So if someone else on TNL can get to it first go for it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. this is how ugly its capturing

b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Yeah, that guy's hideous.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yeah, that guy's hideous.
    Look at the nose on that guy!!!

5. Yeah, what an odd shape... he definitely needs a nose job.

6. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    this is how ugly its capturing

What codec are you capturing it with? DV - NTSC? DV/DVCPRO? DV Stream?

7. DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, i dont have a straight DV - NTSC option
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    DV/DVCPRO - NTSC, i dont have a straight DV - NTSC option
    How can you not have a straight DV NTSC option? That was the first basic option it defaulted to when I opened up FCP without even having a camcorder attached.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    How can you not have a straight DV NTSC option? That was the first basic option it defaulted to when I opened up FCP without even having a camcorder attached.
    Exactly. The most basic setup you can have when you connect your camera to fcp is dv - ntsc. But anyways, i fucked up - If your capturing in dv - ntsc, it uses the DV/DVCPRO codec to compress, so thats what your using anyways (easy setup -> dv ntsc). I've noticed that when using that, the footage can sometimes look pretty soft, like yours.

It looks soft because A)its on a much higher resolution computer monitor, and B) dv shoots at a minimum of 4x compression, and the 4/2/0 color space of dv makes it look washed out. If you were to run it out through an external monitor it would look noticeably better.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mezz View Post
    Exactly. The most basic setup you can have when you connect your camera to fcp is dv - ntsc. But anyways, i fucked up - If your capturing in dv - ntsc, it uses the DV/DVCPRO codec to compress, so thats what your using anyways (easy setup -> dv ntsc). I've noticed that when using that, the footage can sometimes look pretty soft, like yours.

It looks soft because A)its on a much higher resolution computer monitor, and B) dv shoots at a minimum of 4x compression, and the 4/2/0 color space of dv makes it look washed out. If you were to run it out through an external monitor it would look noticeably better.
    ive looked at it on my monitors, let me export you a good 10 seconds with minimal compression and you can see just how bad its aliasing EVERYWHERE, DV isnt going to look as pretty as HDV or HD content obviously, but ive been using this camera for over a year, it produces a MUCH better picture then this.