Page 2 of 468 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. lol @ Apple TV.

I understand it's for the tard market that can't network a computer to an HDTV, but Apple could have at least given us a premium version full of the usual awesome shit. As it is, Apple TV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< $150 softmodded Xbox.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. For your average person with too much money, the ability to have a small cheap box hooked up to the TV that plays all of your music and movies from iTunes, and shows your photos, it's great.

Personally I was hoping for something that at least had DVD built-in, if not Bluray. At least as an option. I'd never buy the thing in its current configuration.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep View Post
    I haven't had a problem. You can have Task List make To Do's with due dates in iCal if you want, and the alarms are customizable.

Maybe where you're getting dupes in iCal is if you're selecting the same task and hitting the iCal button over and over. The iCal button doesn't export all your tasks to iCal, just the ones you have highlighted.
    You misread what I said. I said that Task List is duplicating things within itself (ever task/assignment I entered would then appear twice), and that I went back to using iCal because it's never given me problems. I never even bothered getting to Task List-iCal crossover features or anything like that.

4. do any of you do any osx programming? I'm curious if writing a pay application is worth the headaches of learning cocoa and objective-c, and/or will put some nice change in my pocket via licensing/serials/activation/etc

5. I don't know how to program. My experience is that if you can develop an application that has a very Mac look to it, and is useful/unique, you'll make some good cash. An example of this would be Delicious Library.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    do any of you do any osx programming? I'm curious if writing a pay application is worth the headaches of learning cocoa and objective-c, and/or will put some nice change in my pocket via licensing/serials/activation/etc
    Make an irc client. PLEASE. Most everyone I know that uses OS X bitches about the lack of irc options and the flaws with all of the big ones out there. Just duplicate mIRC for OS X and a lot of people would pay for it.

7. Don't duplicate mIRC, imo. Make something that's distinctly OS X. Like Colloquoy, but more usable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    Does it allow you to add other search engines to the window in the top right? Having Wikipedia & Dictionary.com up there are the only things I really miss from Firefox.
    Better than that, Saft lets you create shortcuts for search engines and websites in the main address bar. If I want to search Google, I just type "g whatever." It's easy to set up with any site you search regularly, and not having it really throws me off when I'm on someone else's computer. It's awesome.

Also, a copy of mIRC would make me happy. Still the best IRC client ever.

9. I just had a customer bring in a New Intel Macbook to have me get her blackberry working with it.

Just a question.. The edges of this thing feel like they could shred cheese, they aren't rounded or smoothed down at all. As I use my hands overhang the edges of the keyboard and they keep brushing the rough edges of the plastic. Its really annoying. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Wildkat; 24 Jan 2007 at 01:12 PM.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    lol @ Apple TV.

I understand it's for the tard market that can't network a computer to an HDTV, but Apple could have at least given us a premium version full of the usual awesome shit. As it is, Apple TV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< $150 softmodded Xbox.
    How am I supposed to "network" a computer to an HDTV if they are far away from each other?

That said... Apple TV is a huge disappointment to me, way overpriced for what you get, and rather lacking in features. Totally useless unless you spend a lot of movie in the iTunes store, and DRM aside, I'll never be doing that until I get files that are of a resolution worth paying for. At least with a Mac Mini and Frontrow, I can play anything that QuickTime can play - which, with enough codecs, is a decent amount of stuff. So far as I know, Apple TV only works with QuickTime .mov containers or MPEG4 stuff.

Best solution, if you want to stick to Apple, is a Mac Mini and MediaCentral. I just with the folks behind MC would come up with an interface that doesn't look like it took them three seconds to put it together.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.