Page 4 of 468 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. I have to take my very dead iPod video to the apple store tomorrow to get a replacement. I'm pretty seriously thinking of getting a MacBook while I'm there.

I have a MacMini which I love, but wish everyday it was portable. I have an HP laptop running Ubuntu which is decent, but everyday I wish it was running OSX. So I'm thinking of just saying f it and resolve my mistakes here.

2. ok so i just got a new macbook pro, and for some god damn reason neither OSX nor bootcamped XP keep the appropriate time, is this a known issue? is the internal clock battery dead maybe? is it the fact i bootcamp that it messes with the times?

3. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    ok so i just got a new macbook pro, and for some god damn reason neither OSX nor bootcamped XP keep the appropriate time, is this a known issue? is the internal clock battery dead maybe? is it the fact i bootcamp that it messes with the times?
    I reinstalled XP and I'm experiencing this too. Windows keeps the time, but after booting back into OS X, it loses it. I don't remember that happening the first time around. Also XP has the same problems with sleep/hibernate/display turnoff that it had before. It's a pity, because nowadays I'd probably be running it full time otherwise. I'm getting to be pretty fed up with Apple.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    I reinstalled XP and I'm experiencing this too. Windows keeps the time, but after booting back into OS X, it loses it. I don't remember that happening the first time around. Also XP has the same problems with sleep/hibernate/display turnoff that it had before. It's a pity, because nowadays I'd probably be running it full time otherwise. I'm getting to be pretty fed up with Apple.
    i fixed it by fixing it in xp, then booting to osx, fixing the time there, and checking the box that says itll update the time through the internet

5. Yeah but that's more of a band-aid than a fix.

A machine that can't keep the time probably has issues with its EFI or some similar low level component. If I had a brand new MacBook Pro I'd want it to be truly fixed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    ok so i just got a new macbook pro, and for some god damn reason neither OSX nor bootcamped XP keep the appropriate time, is this a known issue? is the internal clock battery dead maybe? is it the fact i bootcamp that it messes with the times?
    Windows assumes that the BIOS clock is in local time (EST, PST, etc), every other OS that I know of assumes that the clock is in universal time (UTC) and adds or subtracts X hours based on your time zone. If you fix it in one OS, it will mess the other one up by X hours.

8. Anyone want a MacMini? I'm selling mine, getting a MacBook today.

Intel or no?

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that because I've never even seen an h.264 video, aside from the ones I encoded to put on an iPod. Where does one even come across those outside of the Apple Store?
    all over the net if you're downloading HD movies. I usually see them as raw ts files or as h.264 mkv files, which I personally prefer because theyll be only a couple gigs (instead of like 16 - 20 for the ts) and they look just as good.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.