Page 9 of 468 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. That was the subtitles. I have to find new .srt files for Pan's Labyrinth... the ones that came with the torrent I got were fucked up too.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. They aren't really fucked up, they're just in a format vlc apparently doesn't support.
    I've seen other movies with similar .srt files, and they usually came with a video player program like minidvd or something. I think it's very common with the kind CD-R bootleg movies that I always see for sale on the street. I don't buy them, but I've been given a few over the years.

3. I've fixed the subs for the axxo Pan's Labyrinth avi.
    If anyone wants them, let me know and I'll upload them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    Apple TV doesn't come with cables. Not even composite. lol @ Apple TV.

Pls spin, shidoshi.
    Huh? I'm typically pretty harsh on Apple when the deserve it. I'm just not one of these "haha iPod sucks because it doesn't have FM!!" people.

If AppleTV indeed doesn't come with any video cables at all, that's total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Mplayer's look nicer, and if you get a recent build of Perian you can use subs in Quicktime.
    What he said.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. I want to purchase a macbook, though I'm not in a huge rush. Should I wait for OSX Leopard to come out first? I'm not sure how that will affect pricing and such.

6. iTunes 7.1 is crap. I've had to go troubleshoot three system crashing bugs already.
    Time for a change

7. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    I want to purchase a macbook, though I'm not in a huge rush. Should I wait for OSX Leopard to come out first? I'm not sure how that will affect pricing and such.
    Rumors of improvements in all of Apple's lines are common to hear year round, but most of their products are way overdue for one, and yeah, the OS upgrade should be on the way soon, so I'd suggest waiting a little while on this one. Their inability to announce a date for when they'll even be willing to tell us more is infuriating, though. OS X should have been the focus at MacWorld. The Intel version of 10.4 is embarrassingly slow compared to XP on this machine.

More MacBook Pro problems. In addition to the case's shitty finish getting worse, my N key is pretty unresponsive now, and the hard drive is going. I am not pleased with this computer in the least.

8. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen View Post
    iTunes 7.1 is crap. I've had to go troubleshoot three system crashing bugs already.
    Wait, so it's not just me? Crazy...

I officially hate Apple now, by the way. The motherfuckers are badmouthing me to every other retail job in the mall. Very professional.

Doesn't matter much anymore though. They have retail hell forever. They lose.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar View Post
    I want to purchase a macbook, though I'm not in a huge rush. Should I wait for OSX Leopard to come out first? I'm not sure how that will affect pricing and such.
    Yes, wait. All of there product lines are due for upgrades, as has already been mentioned, and there's been some rumors of a subnotebook coming out this year. Also, Tiger is pretty much EOL at this point, with its final point release just around the corner, and apple has a nasty habit of requiring the latest OS for certain programs.
    Also, heed Grave's words. Macs are not the uber high quality machines that they'd have you believe. Their computers are manufactured by the same taiwanese companies (HonHai and Acer, I think?) as many generic PC laptops.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Yes, wait. All of there product lines are due for upgrades, as has already been mentioned, and there's been some rumors of a subnotebook coming out this year. Also, Tiger is pretty much EOL at this point, with its final point release just around the corner, and apple has a nasty habit of requiring the latest OS for certain programs.
    Also, heed Grave's words. Macs are not the uber high quality machines that they'd have you believe. Their computers are manufactured by the same taiwanese companies (HonHai and Acer, I think?) as many generic PC laptops.
    Hmm, I was also thinking about a Lenovo Thinkpad T60.