Page 458 of 468 FirstFirst ... 444454456457458459460462 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 4673

Thread: Official Apple Thread

1. I downloaded the iOS 11 beta to my iPad and it is weird. It is probably the biggest change in the interface ever, in terms of modifying how it does stuff instead of adding new features. It is going to confuse a lot of people.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 29 Jun 2017 at 10:13 PM.

2. IIRC this one had a huge update to Activity Centre that I was interested in seeing. Also I wanted native files so a files app is welcome although folders can become a nuisance.

For iPad I guess they're going w more power user desktop-like features. I think that'll pay off this time next year when 3rd party apps start taking advantage of the new systems. Macs always had this cool workspace and gesture shortcuts built in that I feel the iPad would naturally take more advantage of.

What do you generally use your iPad for?
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 29 Jun 2017 at 09:10 PM.

3. Yea they're shooting for the pro market, which probably makes sense. Regular folk just get an iPhone N Plus.

Surfing the web, backing tracks, shitposting, GarageBand, etc. I do use the multi-tasking a lot, and they revamped it.

4. I finally saw the touch bar in person today, and it is basically what made me love Apple in the first place. It was incredibly intuitive and just made sense, but I've never gotten the hang of using a trackpad, so I love any excuse not to. It did make me want to start touching the display, though.
    I also touched the giant iPad Pro and something about that giant display is really mesmerizing. I have an old iPad 3 I use infrequently and I really wasn't expecting to be wowed by a tablet.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I think it's the wuakity of the display but also the physics. All ui motion controls in iOS actually have a gravity and physics engine controlling them. Helps each tap and press gives you some small reward and a mini-dopamine rush.

I too thought the touchbar was trash. Then I saw some of my designers at work using it as shortcuts to colours and stuff that can't be done by standard keys and immediately got it.

6. Nah, when they first showed the touch bar I knew it had the potential to be something that people didn't know they wanted, I just wasn't sure if it actually was. Then I touched it and it colored my vision for all the other laptops in the store. No, it's not necessary, it's probably not all that productive, but it's just one of those things like Expose that's just immediately usable.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. The new pro looks pretty sexy. It may be time to upgrade from the 4.

Apple Event stream of consciousness and edits:

• It looks like Series 3 has finally given the Apple Watch a reason to exist with cellular. The technology is pretty amazing to fit it into the face face.
    • Apple TV 4K gives those TVs a reason to exist outside of gaming as well. 4K Blu-Rays are a joke, and even their inventors realize it.
    • Apple caught the indie game in conferences bug that's been going around. Someone needs to develop a vaccine.
    • I don't usually get excited by the cameras, but some of the new iPhone 8 and 8 Plus features are pretty amazing. The MLB AR app is particularly awesome.
    • iPhone X will used an OLED dsiplay at a crazy resolution for the screen size.
    • That neural engine is some awesome math nerd technology.
    • Face ID works with the eTrade app:

• Animojis are terrifying.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 12 Sep 2017 at 02:32 PM.

9. I am bored... nothing I care about so far (especially the village, lol). I am not paying extra for a Roku with apple logo.

10. $1150 cell phone. Sign me up!