Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "Show Us Your Gaming Setup" Thread Pt 2

1. LOL totally.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

2. I picked up this LCD last night from Best Buy.

Link to Toshiba site:
    http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisi...?model=42hl196

The only really weird thing with this set is that it's advertised as "full 1080p HD". However, it only displays in 1080p. It won't accept a 1080p signal. So, you send a 1080i signal, and it converts to 1080p. No big deal for me as I don't intend to support Blue Ray.

Anyway, Xbox360 looks fantastic. No blurring issues and the image is very nice and clear. I'll get some pics up once I clean up the space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7749671_ra.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	22330  

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    I'd like to ask, where in the hell do you have time to collect like that and what the hell kinda job do you have that supports your life and you video game collection? That has to be over 100,000 dollars in video game stuff!
    Half of it is mine, and half of it is my fiancee's. We each brought half of it to the table.

I've been collecting since 1999, and some came from my time in college (i.e. cheapass Funco purchases) but most came from the time when I was living at home, working full time making good money. I also worked at EB/GS for a year total, so that helped.

She's been collecting since 1999 as well, and she worked at GS for 5 years, all of which helped sow the seeds, so to speak. She also got some crazy deals over time by her site http://www.vidgame.net.

I brought all of Genesis and NES, she brought DC and most systems, the rest was a combination of the two.

And things have been going even faster since it has two fulltime bank accounts to support it. It's also hard to turn down a deal on a clearanced game or discounted game when your better half is egging you on, or yanking the game out of your hand and buying it herself.

If you're anything like me (or anyone else that "collected" video games at some point) you're really going to hate yourself someday for buying all that shit.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    you're really going to hate yourself someday for buying all that shit.
    This can't be stressed enough. I look back and I'm happy with my PS2 purchase but damn did I sink money into games. I have a game I bought three years ago for $50 that's still untouched.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    you're really going to hate yourself someday for buying all that shit.
    Confirmed.
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 15 Jan 2007 at 06:32 PM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

7. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post

My TV is a Samsung Slim Fit 30" CRT something. I'm not going to go through the trouble of finding the model number
    Are you happy with this set? Ive been torn between a 32" LCD and one of these Slim CRTs. Ive heard the edges can be blurry.

And they are heavy as living fuck.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

8. I'm watching it now and nothing is blurry. The only thing that bugs me is that if you're watching something in 4:3 the sides go outward. That just really bugs me but since that's only commercials and everything else I watch is in HD it's fine.

It only weighs 140 lbs. Unless you're lazy it's nothing to lift. You may want someone at the other end since it's an awkward lift, though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    If you're anything like me (or anyone else that "collected" video games at some point) you're really going to hate yourself someday for buying all that shit.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
    If I haven't burned myself out yet, I don't think I will.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    It only weighs 140 lbs. Unless you're lazy it's nothing to lift. You may want someone at the other end since it's an awkward lift, though.
    The 42" LCD I just bought weighs 64 lbs.