Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Crackdown

1. I predict there will be several used copies of this within 3 days of release. (Halo Beta)

Is this a next-gen sequel to that old crackdown game on the Genesis/Arcade?
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

2. The game is pretty comic booky.
    Shame it doesn't work though, the game just looks really odd all in all. The half comic book half real life thing just looks disjointed.

3. I don't think pictures do the game justice, seeing it on a HDTV will make it really pop. It's hard to see thl cell shaded look going on.

Next week will tell for sure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I don't think pictures do the game justice, seeing it on a HDTV will make it really pop.
    You beat me to making an official thread for this. This is one of those games that I just feel is going to click with me -- much moreso than, say, Lost Planet, which is certainly a decent game in its own right.
    Here's a link to an interesting developer blog which describes the technology behind the game world: http://blogs.ign.com/Real_Time_Worlds/2007/01/10/42967/ I'm no programmer, but it sounds pretty damned impressive.

The demo should prove enlightening. Regardless, I predict sleeper hit. (My other prediction -- that Yoshi buys and enjoys this game -- still stands.)
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

lol The good news is that I won't skip a great game just to prove you wrong.

6. lol at Ambient Occlusion Textures: " Their effect is then measured at approximately 32,000 million points."

With that said, I'm really looking forward to this game. It looks to be way better then Saint's Row was, plus it comes with the Halo 3 beta. Definitely a must buy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I want to know how long until buyers remorse kicks in for your Wii.

Prince, we'll have to meet up and fuck shit up in co-op when it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I want to know how long until buyers remorse kicks in for your Wii.
    It won't, because I had realistic expectations. I fully expect it to be a vehicle to legally play Konami ROMs until about September when Mario Galax realistically could be released.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    lol at Ambient Occlusion Textures: " Their effect is then measured at approximately 32,000 million points."
    I admit I don't get the "lol." Is that tech impressive or laughable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Prince, we'll have to meet up and fuck shit up in co-op when it hits.
    Aye. It'll beat fucking you up in DOA...or will it? If nothing else, leaping buildings (and there are Achievements linked to said leaps) will keep me entertained for a long time. Sad, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Your sense of fair play is admirable.
    Last edited by Prince Planet; 13 Jan 2007 at 12:17 PM.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    I admit I don't get the "lol." Is that tech impressive or laughable?
    I lol'ed because I have never heard anyone say "32,000 million". I'd think it would make just as much sense, and sound more impressive if they said 32 quadrillion. As for the tech, anything doing that many calculations to procedurally place textures based on atmospheric conditions is very impressive to me. I on the other hand have no clue if that's actually impressive technology to people in the development community. Though I can't see how it would not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.