Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 414161718

Thread: World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade

1. dave = warlock tank
    -Myk

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    In Shattered Hand or NSHDC news, has anyone done heroics yet? I have two keys (HFC and Coilfang), but am waiting for my RL static's hunter to finally fucking hit 70 and grind rep (he gets a lot of waggro for playing sadly) to even attempt these.

Really curious to see just how difficult they are. I want to get attuning for raids asap.
    Yes I've completed Slave Pens and Underbog, Pens twice, but haven't found a group to run anything else yet.

The mobs are exactly the same, no extras. They hit ROFLharder though. CC is crucial. In the underbog we used offtanking on the double bog giant pull and one of us still went down, since each lord can hit for like 7k (3-3.5 k or so after mitigation) So it's ROUGH. But it's ENTIRELY doable with a group of players that knows what they are doing.

For Slave Pens: Bring three cc'ers and an offhealer. Druid, Rogue/shadowpriest, mage, and a mainheal is a good idea.

Underbog: Feral another good idea. You want as many buffs as possible so druid/mage/priest is a good thing. You'll probably need an offtank so the druid fits the bill, or I guess a holy paladin with some tank gear. Swap out the shadowpriest for a warlock since you are facing three-pack pulls of elementals.

I'm a paladin btw and I have main tanked 4 bosses in karazahn and the heroics above, as well as every five man in the game. It's not only possible, a lot of people prefer the paladins because they control mobs better. We're also way better at mitigating quick attacks (roguemobs and aoe pulls) than warriors. Where warriors pass us is single target heavy heavy hitters, they are strictly built for absorbing 8k hits and staying up.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Warlocks have great survivability imo
    This is goddamn true. First time on Skyriss we had a mage and he kept going down in one mindflay, even with sta gear and food on. (not the best gear sadly.) We replaced him with a warlock with 10k health and the fight was fucking easy.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Both myself and the other mage could not keep them sheeped. Resisted or just plain unsheeped before 50s was up.
    Invest heavily in +hit gear. Don't make me start posting formulas.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Invest heavily in +hit gear. Don't make me start posting formulas.
    I am, believe me. 48 so far, and when I get a pair of gloves I like, I'll drop the money on the +hit enchant. Also looking at gear where I can swap +crit for +hit to be a little more balanced. (24.9% crit)

My penetration is at 50, which I don't know if it's a good thing for anything besides PvP.

Well, let me ask you this. Here are my important stats - what should I focus on improving?

5700 HP
    11350 MP
    626 int
    211 spirit
    250 stamina
    675 +spell dmg
    24.9% crit
    48 +spell hit
    50 +spell penetration

One main reason I asked about heroics is because someone told me that pulls were 7 to 8 mobs, and that I had to see.
    Last edited by Port; 24 Feb 2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Got mage cloak from Sethekk Halls, lol