Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

1. What are you watching?

I just got done watching all of Paranoia Agent last night.

I'm a bit disappointed at the ending. I had sensed Shonen Bat would end up as an idea given form early on, but I hoped they'd somehow make a modicum of sense of that by making him tied to a physical presence, too. The personal stories throughout the series were grounded in a sense of reality and were greater for it. Then it ends up all tied together by this completely noncorporeal bogeyman... kind of a downer.

A+ for style, though. It's definitely worth watching for most of the characters' self-contained stories (and of course, the best show opening EVERRRR). But overall, it's a case of the parts being greater than the sum.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 17 Jan 2007 at 10:14 AM.

2. I just recently got around to watching all of Revolutionary Girl Utena... wow, and I thought the movie was a mindfuck. Anthy's brother using some past injustice to emotionally blackmail her into sexxoring him, plus all the magical stuff just being holographic illusions, FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Watching Desert Punk and Speed Grapher at the moment, both are great at what they do. Especially Speed Grapher, if you're in the mood for a gritty sci-fi story with heaps of sexuality thrown on. Also constantly updating myself on One Piece and Bleach.

I recently discovered the broadcasts of a few anime I didn't realize were on tv right now. Funimation Channel's weekday line up and their weekend line up is played on ColoursTV (CLRS Dish Network 9407). I haven't gotten around to catching much of the weekend lineup yet though,

Weekdays:

Kodocha, 7pm CMT, then
    Fruits Basket (don't care for this much so I don't ever really try to watch it),
    Case Closed,
    Spiral (don't care for this much either),
    Dragon Ball,
    Yu Yu Hakusho,
    Slayers,
    Negima

Weekends:

Lupin Movies, 7pm CMT, then
    Baki The Grappler (only seen this once so far, was a bit put off by the character design of the main character, haven't seen any of the below yet)
    Kiddy Grade
    Blue Gender
    Tenchi Muyo GXP

And I'm trying to catch Basilisk on IFC Friday nights (after Gunslinger Girls). And Pucca if I can find it on anytime. Pucca is amazing (video proof below).

5. Wow, they made a complete cartoon of Pucca? Wow. Too bad they felt like talking was necessary.
    Donk

I am watching
    I took all your French Toast.

Me too.

8. Right now I'm about halfway through my complete sets of Captain Herlock and the first season of Ghost in the Shell

Also I'm picking up volumes of Basilisk, Ergo Proxy, Speed Grapher, Hellsing Unlimited and Trinity Blood as they come out.

9. I started Speed Grapher tonight, really weird so far. Hope it gets better.

10. I'm watching Fist of the North Star.