Thread: Dirty Pair novels being released in 2007

1. Dirty Pair novels being released in 2007

The Great Adventures of The Dirty Pair which was writen in 1979 by Haruka Takachiko will come with 250 pages with 20 illustrations by Yasuhiko Yoshikazo and is scheduled for release in July 2007 at retail price of $8.95.

Amazon has it available for preorder - Click Here

It was this novel that inspired the creation of the TV series in 1985.

Anyone else excited by this incredible news?

2. I adore the Dirty Pair - but only the Adam Warren version, I thought the Japanese stuff was all pretty crappy. Well, the anime versions, anyway.

3. After the garbage that was Vampire Hunter D, I'm never reading an anime-related novel again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I adore the Dirty Pair - but only the Adam Warren version, I thought the Japanese stuff was all pretty crappy. Well, the anime versions, anyway.
    Project Eden is great!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Project Eden is great!
    I honestly have no idea about what's what with them. The first comic of theirs I read was Fatal But Not Serious, then I rented some of the original anime (well, it was the only version available back then) and it was like finding crappy online fanfiction in comparision. Years later I rented part of New Dirty Pair (or Flash or something) and that was also terrible which led me to giving up on any DP that wasn't from Warren.

Speaking of which, I never finished reading all his stuff using DP. I should get on that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    After the garbage that was Vampire Hunter D, I'm never reading an anime-related novel again.

Really? I read the first two and I thought they were pretty enjoyable.

7. It was just trying too hard to be OMG AWESOME at all times. With all the "his sword flew out of the sheath and into the monster's heart in the space of 1/60th of a second" and other such ridiculosity, it felt reading Dragon Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

You have to admit, a sword flying out of a sheath and into a monster's heart in 1/60th of a second would be pretty cool if you saw it in real life.

9. I'm late to this thread, but...

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I adore the Dirty Pair - but only the Adam Warren version, I thought the Japanese stuff was all pretty crappy. Well, the anime versions, anyway.
    ...this is one of the worst things I've ever read on TNL. Seriously.

Back in 1990 or so, somebody sent me what was basically a very nicely done fantranslation of part of the novel. Ever since then, I've wanted to get ahold of the entire thing. This is AWESOME news.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. I just want the original Dirty Pair Tv on US dvd.