Page 123 of 184 FirstFirst ... 109119121122123124125127137 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    You realize of course that Littlefinger playing Gandalf riding over the mountains with the Rohirrim Men of the Vale in tow is going to come at a heavy price... and he probably held back and let most of Jon's forces get slaughtered to ensure they wouldn't be able to say no.
    I think they held back on Sansa's oder for tactical reasons. Had they been there from the start, it would have been a different battle.

2. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    ...just like his "Dad".
    I don't know that we ever saw him as a tactician. Robb was an excellent tactician (if not a savvy politician), and he must have learned somewhere.

3. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    There goes my second favorite character.
    Finally a fan of Rickon!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I don't know that we ever saw him as a tactician. Robb was an excellent tactician (if not a savvy politician), and he must have learned somewhere.
    "crappy strategist" - my take on this was that his heart gets in the way of his head and gets him in trouble. Just like Ned.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Finally a fan of Rickon!
    forgot he even died. :P Should've zig-zagged

6. I didn't expect that end scene. I'd assumed they would have him hostage for a little bit. But it worked a lot better that way.

If those references to the locations of stashed Wildfire and Jaime's reason for killing Aerys don't amount to anything I will be surprised. What do people expect for Bran's upcoming scene(s) in the finale?

7. I expect we should finally get the official Jon birth
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. re: Bran's fate

Both my son and I said the same thing. This is the thing about stupid movies, games, and tv shows thst kill me. I understand from a narrative standpoint that Bran has to die. Fine, kill him. But he knew what was going to happen. Why wouldn't he zig zag? Why wouldn't he run towards the burning men to put some kind of obstacle between he and Ramsay? We all know Ramsay is a pretty good shot. Having him miss a few times on purpose while Rickon was close would have made sense because he's sadistic and would want to play woth his prey a bit. But having him miss while Rickon was trying to evade being an easy target would have built up the viewer's belief that Rickon may just live after all. The scene as shot attempted to build that sense of tension when the penultimate arrow missed. But it would have seemed more "real" had Rickon not kept to a straight line. I can suspend my disbelief about dragons, giants, and a dude making it through several rounds of hundreds of arrows raining down around him unscathed. But silly shit like Rickon not doing his damnedest to be a hard target especially after the first near miss completely throws me out of the experience.
    Massive kudos on the battle though. Even though a lot of it was clearly Jon Snow standing in tje middle of nothing while video games were projected around him, it was far, far better than the lame ass attack on king's landing.

9. You mean, Rickon, Bran is the one that is in the north and crippled.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. lol, I don't know why I fucked up in the beginning but l didnt in the rest of it.
    oh, prolly caliander's post working against my subconscience.