Page 13 of 184 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. 7000 pages? Pass. I'm sure they're great books (I've been told this on many occasions) but that is a massive commitment.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Apr 2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Worth it. Definitely worth it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Oh stop exaggerating. It was fine, just behind the other 3.
    I am not exaggerating. I can't recall even one chapter of what happened in Feast, but the first 3 were full of memorable moments. It is a big let down from Storm.

4. But was book 4 better than Eragon?

5. My dog's runny poop is better than Eragon.

6. But was book 4 better than your dog's runny poop?

I know two people irl that have stopped reading ASoI&F because of book 4.

7. It is a toss up.

8. Book 4 was good, it just wasn't about the characters that have been followed before. Some people get fucking sand in their vagina over it, others cowboy up and appreciate it for what it is. I know it's fashionable to call anything you have a problem with the worst thing ever, but it's not even remotely true.

Book 4 is still better than most any fantasy book ever, if that puts it in perspective for anyone thinking about starting this series.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

9. I didn't say it is the worst thing ever, but it was the worst out of 4 (by a large margin). The story went nowhere and a bunch of POVs that no one care about. Just because there are a metric ton of fantasy garbage doesn't mean Feast is good. I do think Dance will be much stronger but I just don't think he will live to finish it because he is spreading himself too thin.

It is similar to Crossroads of Twilight (Wheel of Time), you can literally skip that book and go right to Knife of Dreams without missing anything. You can tell Jordan admitted he fucked up in CoT and made it up in KoD. Then he died. Probably the same thing will happen to GRRM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    But was book 4 better than Eragon?
    The movies sucked, but the Eragon books have been really good so far. I fucking loved Brisinger.

Also this weeks episode was brutal in many ways and I think it's catching up to about as far as I got in the book.
    Last edited by Opaque; 25 Apr 2011 at 06:36 PM.