Page 164 of 184 FirstFirst ... 150160162163164165166168178 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    this damn show used to have twists in it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    These fucks are reverse M. Nighting us!
    Yeah, they're abandoning all the intrigue for culminating action. It's a natural progression, of course, but it's where they lose us and pull in the dummies who love the Fast and Furious movies.

2. * Casterly Rock was a twist.
    *Euron taking out Dorne/Yaraonborn was a twist
    *Jon being Aegon is the biggest twist in the series albeit heavily telegraphed
    *Petyr dying was a twist and was telegraphed as Ayra dying to the very last moment
    *Cersei betraying the North and Euron getting gold company was a twist
    *Wight Dragon was a twist

I think it's more we have a growing tolerance of these and needed all the dragons to die, or a major good character to die to feel anything.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. I don't believe people didn't see those things happening even prior to the season starting. Maybe Casterly Rock is the exception. I wouldn't blame most people about that one, since there's generally literary reason for prominent things not being shown - either places, or people who don't meet, or whatever. CR's reason, at least in the show, was misdirection. It was one of the few solid pieces of writing in the season. I was really holding out hope that the Winterfell thing wasn't going to be, "We've been plotting since you kickstarted Bran's memory!" I will say, though, the scene was partially saved by a combination of Aidan's acting and the rebuttals to each of his pleas.

This piece articulates what I cannot about most of the things: http://tv.avclub.com/blood-is-thicke...-as-1798479567

End of the day: No airhorns. Time spent dicking around in Winterfell with Scooby Stark could have been used for Cleganebowl. Now we have to wait until 2019 because of a vague threat? I think not.

4. No, seriously, I've known littlefinger was going to die this whole season, that's why i kept bawwwwwwwwing in this thread. You knew the dragon was going to die the second she brought them into battle. I dunno, the plot points didn't used to be so obvious. But, I'll keep it because this season is better than most.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I don't watch the show and I know everyone is going to die.

6. Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Cersei hasn't seen dragons in her lifetime, Dany rides up on one for her grand entrance. The only thing Cersei has as a reaction? "You're late." I'm going to miss that level of bitchiness when she dies.

Tyrion's little side eye when J&D had boat-gate. I'm curious if Tyrion is double crossing Dany, as he did leave Cersei's chambers with his head intact. He told Jon "Haven't you ever considered learning how to lie now and then?" That makes me think he cut a deal with Cersei - he told her to just tell them she's going north. Lie about it.

The Cleganes - now Sandor can see the flames. Was he always able to see the flames? Is that what he meant by "they both know how the mountain is dying"? Did he get pushed in to the fire for predicting his death? Or is he just going to kill him? Is this what you guys mean by Cleganebowl? I've not heard that name for their battle before.

I am still a little drugged up from oral surgery a couple of days ago, so forgive me if I'm repeating anything. It's unintentional if I am.
    Last edited by Atlas; 30 Aug 2017 at 08:39 AM.
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
    Tyrion's little side eye when J&D had boat-gate. I'm curious if Tyrion is double crossing Dany, as he did leave Cersei's chambers with his head intact. He told Jon "Haven't you ever considered learning how to lie now and then?" That makes me think he cut a deal with Cersei - he told her to just tell them she's going north. Lie about it.
    We won't know what they talked about after his realization of her pregnancy, at least not for some time. But what you pointed out is why I liked the Dragon Pit scene.

The Cleganes - now Sandor can see the flames. Was he always able to see the flames? Is that what he meant by "they both know how the mountain is dying"? Did he get pushed in to the fire for predicting his death? Or is he just going to kill him? Is this what you guys mean by Cleganebowl? I've not heard that name for their battle before.
    No, he couldn't see the flames before. Gregor pushed Sandor into the fire because he was playing with one of Gregor's toys. Sandor aims to kill Gregor. It was just a threat the writers threw in to make airhorns go off.

Re: Cleganebowl. There's a whole subculture about this. Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8M7ZbFkm7M

Also a subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cleganebowl/

9. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Re: Cleganebowl. There's a whole subculture about this. Sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8M7ZbFkm7M
    Also a subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cleganebowl/
    I was completely oblivious to Cleganebowl. I wasn't sure if he could see in to the flames before, and just was afraid to until now. But with the Hound's denial reaction to the idea of sight, it doesn't seem a likely theory. Thanks for the link, this subreddit has taken me down the rabbit hole...

Side note: Tormund better be ok. Monster babies need to be had.
    Last edited by Atlas; 30 Aug 2017 at 09:40 AM.
    I like my women like I like my coffee. Covered in bees!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    Yeah, they're abandoning all the intrigue for culminating action. It's a natural progression, of course, but it's where they lose us and pull in the dummies who love the Fast and Furious movies.
    I don't think it's any coincidence that the point when this show lost its intrigue is where they surpassed the novels in the plot. Pretty sure Martin does a pass on a story where he purposefully twists both the characters and the reader's social morality to the point of breaking (and maybe beyond).

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    No, seriously, I've known littlefinger was going to die this whole season, that's why i kept bawwwwwwwwing in this thread. You knew the dragon was going to die the second she brought them into battle. I dunno, the plot points didn't used to be so obvious. But, I'll keep it because this season is better than most.
    Also... we're this far along. It'd be almost foolish to cut and run at this point.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 30 Aug 2017 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."