Page 166 of 184 FirstFirst ... 152162164165166167168170180 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. I'd love to see a 90s GoT. Multiverse fandom stuff is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post

3. That's a decent 'shop. I like the attention paid to the bib.

http://slideshow.registerguard.com/s...p;m=1467313215

4. lol

5. Game of Thrones

Finally got to watching the finale, the littlefinger stuff was a disappointment building up. Like we all knew he was going to be done in, but they spent forever playing the scenes like Arya and Sansa were going for each other, and then they just look over like what a twist! This show thinks it's being more clever than it is.
    Poor guy would have gotten away with it if not for a magic man who can see everything. Kind of a weak way to pin the guy who was so careful and crafty.
    His performance was great, though. RIP little man.

Also, I watched the directors commentary or whatever that plays after the show for this, and the guy was talking like Cersei was playing Tyrion with the baby thing? That there's not a baby, it was just to make him think she'll put that ahead of her ambition and join forces, but in reality it was all just a plot. It didn't come across on the screen well, and I think most people are going to be waiting for more baby talk that never comes.

Heavy tells here with Jon giving that speech about honesty, and then Jamie being lied to about the plan.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 02 Sep 2017 at 01:29 AM.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    It didn't come across on the screen well, and I think most people are going to be waiting for more baby talk that never comes.
    I don't think that's a problem. You really don't want sneaky Cersei to have an obvious tell.

7. She has an obvious tell. If she's speaking, she's most likely lying.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Finally got to watching the finale, the littlefinger stuff was a disappointment building up. Like we all knew he was going to be done in, but they spent forever playing the scenes like Arya and Sansa were going for each other, and then they just look over like what a twist! This show thinks it's being more clever than it is.
    Poor guy would have gotten away with it if not for a magic man who can see everything. Kind of a weak way to pin the guy who was so careful and crafty.
    His performance was great, though. RIP little man.
    I totally agree. sry for spoiling you in chat, i didn't realize you hadn't seen it yet ;-;

He was pulling the strings so adeptly for so many seasons and to have him be "outsmarted" by arya was kind dumb. I was really hoping for sansa to get closer to him and then push him off a cliff like he did to the one chick. I do think it was kind of a cop out to have arya do it, but thats just me wanting Sansa to turn into a vampire by killing him and drinking his blood. alas, my heart is broken in pieces instead.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    He was pulling the strings so adeptly for so many seasons and to have him be "outsmarted" by arya was kind dumb.
    I've given it some thought. I've made my peace with what was presented.

You have to look at it this way: As a parallel to what happened to Ned. He left his "home field" and lost his advantage. He made moves he thought were smart, using the rules that worked for him in the past - but in the arena he was used to. He was outmaneuvered not by specific moves others made but by his own insufficient moves. Being who he was, he had no concept of the things important to the people there. In the end, he had a conversation with the person who controlled his fate and told that person something that made them rethink their support. Then he was betrayed in the throne room by that same supposed supporter, and then killed with his own weapon. That describes them both.

There were certainly issues with the leaps they made. Ponder this, though: The whole point of that conversation between the sisters wasn't so that LF would overhear it and think they were fighting. It was Arya's way of telling Sansa, without words, "I'm on your side. I support you. If I wanted you dead, you'd already be dead." That's how, when he tried to imply Arya wanted to be Lady of Winterfell, Sansa realized what was happening. Then Bran infodumped the girls, even if we didn't get to see that.

All that said, he wasn't a dummy. He should have left once Bran showed up and Littlefinger.exe stopped responding.

10. Did LF ever know what Bran could do? Certainly not when he got there. It took Sansa directly hearing shit from him to make her believe. It's not a big switch for Sasna anyway. She was salty as fuck from when LF sold her to the Lanisters. She wasn't going to forgive that one.