Page 16 of 184 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Seriously though...

NOPE.JPG
    This post is hilarious in how inaccurate it is.

2. It really is a strange opening to the series. I think it's great as a stand alone story but it's more like a short horror story than the lead in to the world you should expect. Winter is coming, life is brutal, might be the point.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Maybe you just don't like fantasy?
    Maybe he likes fantasy but hates a lot of the basic writing style. Most people that write fantasy don't actually give any thought to the world and the differences that would occur based on, say, a lot of people being able to control the elements if they wanted. They just take a generic setting (usually medieval Europe), add "People can cast spells! Whoo!" and call it a day.

I remember reading War of the Flowers and loving it just because the characters acted with common sense (except for one blunder near the end that was meaningless anyway). It was like the most refreshing thing ever to have people act sensibly, which says a lot about most of the books I bothered with. Granted, it also has the shittiest sounding story ever:
    Theo Vilmos is a thirty-year-old lead singer in a marginally successful rock band. Hitting an all-time low, he seeks refuge in an isolated cabin in the woods and reads an odd memoir written by a dead relative who believed he had visited the magical world of Faerie. Before Theo can disregard the account as nonsense, he too is drawn into a place beyond his wildest dreams.
    Sometimes I look at that synopsis and wonder how I ever managed to crack it open. ROCK STAR TRAVELS TO MAGIC BOOK WORLD! I also haven't read it in like a decade so I might be forgetting some other problems with it, but still.

4. Ok, it's a better than average Fantasy novel, but it's still really obvious that it is the Fantasy genre. Kings, swords, dragons, whatever. It's fairly typical of the fantasy genre to have bloated books of multiple volumes - it's pop stuff. I'm not insulting it, I read it and enjoyed it, but the drawn out plot spanning volumes is a bit tedious for me, which is why there are things in the show that I prefer. I skipped a lot of the Daeneyrs bullshit and some of the girly chapters because they were a bit redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    This post is hilarious in how inaccurate it is.
    Thanks, tough guy! I'm sorry, you're right, it wasn't creepy at all.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

6. Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Thanks, tough guy! I'm sorry, you're right, it wasn't creepy at all.
    Everyone looked at your post in context to the thread. Read the post directly in front of your picture post to see where the confusion is.

7. OK. The response still seems like masturbatory posturing since there is nothing of substance there to even deem "hilariously inaccurate".
    Last edited by Uriel; 28 Apr 2011 at 07:40 PM.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

8. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    There's that. There's also the way that your usual fantasy elements are absent through 95% of the series. Magic, monsters and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Seriously though...

NOPE.JPG

It looks like you are disagreeing with epmode and saying only 5% fantasy??? NOT. Check out this crazy magic fantasy in the first show!!! that's about it for the season

9. Yeah, that's what I thought you were saying. If you were only saying that big eyed little girl is creepy as fuck - you weren't inaccurate at all

10. It looks like you are disagreeing with epmode and saying only 5% fantasy??? NOT. Check out this crazy magic fantasy in the first show!!!
    I'm not sure how that post could possibly mean anything but this.