Page 19 of 184 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I tried to watch an episode with some people, but there was someone else there who was also unfamiliar with the series and the people that have been reading spent most of the time pointing out character relationships to her that weren't made clear (though I have no idea if such things were present or not at this point in the books). I really hate it when people can't wait for plot to unfold naturally so I just ended up blocking everyone out and studying for finals instead. I kind of figured the only way to enjoy this would be to watch it by myself and I'm sad that people want to prove me right.

I did really like the midget, he was pretty pimp.
    So far he's the best thing about the show. Each episode has gotten progressively slower and less interesting. I'm going to chalk this series up to fanboyism pretty soon unless something of interest / note happens. It feels like a bit of an inside joke. Three people are laughing and when they explain the joke it's not funny. But you just "totally had to be there". I'm sure it was funny at the time, it's just not translating. The only thing interesting last episode was the shifting dynamic of the pregnant Queen and her brother (who is now pretty much a bitch). I mean really, amnesia? Terrible soap opera writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Who has amnesia?

3. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Who has amnesia?
    Bran, kid who dropped from the wall.
    I'm always right, even when I'm wrong I'm right.

4. He may be feigning amnesia because he's scared of what he saw (plus he kind of got pushed out of a window by them). If that's the case would have been nice to have some hints.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. He doesn't matter anyway.

or at least until season 17.

6. That gets a pass. People in accidents don't remember the minutes leading up the accident all the time. That's hardly the same as amnesia as a plot device. Not like Catelyn hasn't already figured that shit out anyway

7. The series does get much better. We just happen to be right in the middle of one of the slower parts of the whole series. They're just setting up the characters.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

8. This third episode is a perfect example of how to never have a boring morning moment but not just be endless tits and death. This is what I wanted The Walking Dead to pull off in a few episodes. Interesting, the whole time, without requiring action to make up for slow parts. If this show gets more epic as it goes on, well, then it's going to be a fucking great show.

Also, as random as it is, I think the ending to episode three where the Stark girl is learning how to fight with the wooden swords is my favorite scene in the show so far. The instructor was pretty rad and also like four feet tall.
    Last edited by Opaque; 07 May 2011 at 01:47 PM.

9. Actually I had forgotten about that scene. The trainer and that little girl are really great so far. Can't wait to see her humiliate the Prince later on.

10. Spoilers, you fuck.