Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. He should finish writing this so that I can start reading it. I'll also watch this for sure.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    If they cast Willow as Tyrion I'm boycotting.
    Or that little person from Carnivale. I don't like him. Not a very good actor, and all I think of is Little Man From Another Place from Twin Peaks when I see him. Actually, choosing the right actress to play Arya is dicey too.

The more I think about this show, the more apprehensive I become.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Or that little person from Carnivale. I don't like him. Not a very good actor, and all I think of is Little Man From Another Place from Twin Peaks when I see him.
    I think he was on American Idol (Seattle) last night....

4. That guy should just follow David Lynch around and talk in that crazy backwards played forwards talk.
    Time for a change

5. I know it'll never realistically happen given that he's already got a cushy TV gig that's not going away any time soon, but the head of James Spader from Boston Legal superimposed on some random midget would be the perfect Tyrion. His is the voice I hear in my head when I read The Imp's dialogue.

Somebody in the AICN talkback named Clancy Brown for The Hound, which I heartily support (and might have a chance of actually seeing happen). On that front, I could easily see the kid who plays Malfoy in the Harry Potter flicks as Joff, if the get this going before he gets too old.

I worry about the whole plotline with Daenerys... certain segments of the population get uppity enough about kids and teens getting raped in film/TV (witness the recent flap over that Dakota Fanning movie), imagine how they'll flip out about a 14yo having consensual sex and enjoying it. Dollars to donuts HBO pussies out and makes her 17 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Update!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRRM livejournal
    HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass.

It should. David Benioff and Dan Weiss did a terrific job with the script. And yes, all of you can relax, it's very faithful. Dan and David will be the executive producers for the pilot and (we hope) the eventual series.

More details when I have 'em. The news is very fresh. HBO just issued their own press release, which should be up on their website soon, if it's not there already.

Winter is coming to HBO. Hot damn.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    He should finish writing this so that I can start reading it.
    good luck waiting.
    Last edited by sedition; 15 Nov 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Awesome, hope the series go into production. I bet the TV series would catch up to the books in no time (1 book per season) given how slow GRRM writes. A Dance With Dragon was almost finished 2 years ago, even I have given up on him ever finishing this series.

8. I wonder if the pressure is getting to him? Maybe he just has no idea of where to go next.

9. Yeah, I just started these a week or two ago and I'm done with two of them now (and in a hurry to go buy the next two tomorrow) and I was upset to realize that when people were going crazy about A Feast for Crows coming out, that was... 2005. And still no fifth book.

10. A Feast for Crow was splitted into 2 books, so the book as it is now is only half of what he had written. He took out most of the interesting POVs of AFFC and that will be A Dance with Dragons. So I don't know what the hold up is considering most of it is written. There is no excuse to take 3 (and counting) years to finish up 1/2 a book that's already written.

And because of the split, AFFC is the weakest book in the series. Most of the POVs in that book I just don't give a shit about. A Storm of Swords is amazing so it is such a let down that I hope A Dance with Dragons will redeem AFFC.