Page 180 of 184 FirstFirst ... 166176178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1837

Thread: Game of Thrones

1. When you’re dealing with crazy, you cant deny the dick.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Part of the problem isn't just that GRRM isn't finished with the series... it's that after the first three books the series is awful. So the next book and a half spiral off into dogshit and the show writers try to mend passing over interesting character and adding tons of useless ones.
    This. The books aren't that great, when 40% of them suck (4 and 5). It is just that the first 3 were so amazing that we kept thinking the series will be good. GRRM wrote himself into a corner and introduced all kinds of horse shit (like the Prophet) that made no sense. There is no guarantee that Winds of Winter will be any good or more of the same old meandering garbage. But if I am guessing, it would be closer to the quality of the last 2 books than the first 3.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I've seen other people suggest that the second dragon die after the bells and that's an A+ season saving idea. Danny goes crazy but we understand that after everything else, that's just what sends her over the edge.
    I'll grant you that's better than what D&D did here, but there are about 20 simple things that could have been changed in the last 2 episodes. Its lazy. It has fundamental problems in the story, due to an indifference by two guys who have checked out long ago. They had every advantage: network throwing money at them, created, or at least, guided, it to #1 status, only to phone it in on such a level it's going to retroactively make this show worse.

Legit looking forward to what they do with stard wardz.

4. The stories of Jaime, Cersei, Arya, and Varys had absolutely no consistency with the characters they built up over the last 7 seasons. Clegane at least delivered a (pretty bad) conclusion. At least Dany had a bunch of plot to set up her wild shift in behaviour.

The show hasn’t been good since the Dothraki crossed in to Westeros. Maybe since Tyrion and Dany met.

5. Brienne’s final moments were good, the rest was a bunch of people walking very slowly

6. Womp womp.

What a mess of dangling plot threads. Nothing about that felt satisfying. I was willing to accept the compressed storytelling of this season because I understood the real world constraints motivating it, but we got no answers about Bran and the Night King, John's parantage was trivial and unnecessary for the plot, his fate made no real sense given Bran's coronation, and a lot of the personal endings felt very flat and emotionless.

So glad I didn't invest 10 years of my life into this live action anime.

8. It was fine. It's a show where there's a dragon called DROGON, you've gotta take it with a grain of salt.

I'm just glad he got to pet the dog at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Honestly after the rest of this season, I'm relatively pleased right now.

Plot points were fine enough, had the same rushed pace as the rest of the last two seasons, but it nailed that bitter sweet feel we all were promised and expected.

Could it have been executed better? Yes. Is this still one of the best shows ever made? Pretty much.

10. Weird that they ended it with that same Journey song again though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!